2022 Wildcard Round

flavum

19 hours ago, chw42 said:

Phillies went from 7 games under, firing their manager, to making the playoffs and beating a pretty good Cardinals team in the first round. If only another team with a bad manager did something similar. 

A team interested in salvaging their season.  I wonder what that’s like. 

I don’t know. I’ll watch baseball and hope it’s good entertainment. Guardians are the only team I’m truly rooting for the rest of the postseason. 

oh…f*** the Astros too. Definitely rooting for the Mariners.

Edited by flavum

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

One of them lost as well.

Preller lives to fight another day.   The rest is gravy.   Unfortunately, no Braves for them to play.

They just can't beat the Dodgers....and this has been the case ever since they were swept after beating the Cardinals in the 2020 post-season.   Pretty sure the current streak is 23-5 or something hideous like that (see Minn/NY).

The problem is they're now down to Clevinger and Manaea, who they would love to skip if they could.  Guessing they go to Clevinger, as he has been the much better of the two.

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Forgot they have the offday on Tuesday so they can still stay on regular rest.

Should be Darvish/Snell/Musgrove.

Urias/Kershaw/Anderson/Gonsolin...nobody knows the order yet for LA.

They play tomorrow and Wednesday. But get an off day on Thursday. 

Darvish could go Wednesday on full rest since he last pitched on Friday. They might have to start Clevinger in game 1. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They play tomorrow and Wednesday. But get an off day on Thursday. 

Darvish could go Wednesday on full rest since he last pitched on Friday. They might have to start Clevinger in game 1. 

Oh it's because the times here always show up as 12-13 hours ahead on my phone. 

"And now the Mets are on the firing line, entering a winter of constant questions of fight, fortitude and free agency -- the group that can go free includes deGrom, Edwin Díaz, Brandon Nimmo, Seth Lugo, Adam Ottavino and Trevor May, and perhaps Bassitt and Taijuan Walker."

And a whole feast of relievers for Hahn to ponder over... 

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Oh it's because the times here always show up as 12-13 hours ahead on my phone. 

"And now the Mets are on the firing line, entering a winter of constant questions of fight, fortitude and free agency -- the group that can go free includes deGrom, Edwin Díaz, Brandon Nimmo, Seth Lugo, Adam Ottavino and Trevor May, and perhaps Bassitt and Taijuan Walker."

And a whole feast of relievers for Hahn to ponder over... 

I wouldn't mind Bassitt as an addition to the rotation but he might be out of our price range. 

I hate to admit it but I'll be rooting for the Dodgers, lots of family in the LA area whom are Dodgers fans, in particular my favorite aunt whose a die hard fan, never misses an inning, I'd love to see her happy with a Dodgers championship.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1