Official NBA 22-23

It really stinks how the Bulls have made so many poor moves. Especially that Vuc move. That said - White had played a lot better than I have ever seen him. He just looks confident. But my god Patrick Williams.

He is a softer Wendell Carter - but that reminds me that sometimes patience is important but man they could have had other talent on this squad. 

I am close to ready to go get Westbrook and just flip into a total asset accumulation phase. Unless they can somehow land a star or start doing something right. 

Well - I don’t love Donovan but I don’t hate him either and I do think a bigger attribute is if they are going to land a star I believe he is generally well respected amongst players as a players coach (the kerfuffle with Lavine a week ago not withstanding and even than the fact that he could do it shows the clout he has).

And in hindsight it was the right move to send a message. 

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

It really stinks how the Bulls have made so many poor moves. Especially that Vuc move. That said - White had played a lot better than I have ever seen him. He just looks confident. But my god Patrick Williams.

He is a softer Wendell Carter - but that reminds me that sometimes patience is important but man they could have had other talent on this squad. 

I am close to ready to go get Westbrook and just flip into a total asset accumulation phase. Unless they can somehow land a star or start doing something right. 

Grinding my teeth thinking of it.  Building a team around an offensive center entering the downslope of his career.  Not sure PW is a good comparison with WCJ.  Not that Patrick is worth the pick they blew on him. Either way, they need a tough 2-way power forward desperately.

19 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

So when this season crashes and burns like last season, and the Bulls are maxed out in talent and salary, who takes the fall?  The brand new president of basketball ops that created this mess, or the average head coach they just gave more years to?  Ugh.

The reality is - I don't think it would be the coach who is the dumpster fire. Donovan may be not be a top 3 coach, but he is a good coach and well respected.  I have issues with his x's and o's down the stretch but he does pretty much everything else really well.  

It seems to me as if they have there own plan and president and Donovan are really aligned and maybe they were under directive from Reinsdorf to try one thing and than finally if that didn't work, another outcome.  It feels though there approach is to try and fall forward vs. tank, but it will be interesting to see what happens. 

There is no perfect way to win in the NBA these days.  

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 11:22 AM, Chisoxfn said:

Why is getting one of the worst me first players in the league a good idea.  Make this make sense to me.

49 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Why is getting one of the worst me first players in the league a good idea.  Make this make sense to me.

Cause you get a bunch of 1st round picks for taking him on.  Getting Westbrook is the 1st move they should do if they plan on blowing it up and essentially tanking the rest of the year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Not great update. And to think I read somewhere yesterday there was rumblings he would be ready in January / worse case by all star break.  Can you get medical relief or something for a guy that is too injured to play at some point?  

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Not great update. And to think I read somewhere yesterday there was rumblings he would be ready in January / worse case by all star break.  Can you get medical relief or something for a guy that is too injured to play at some point?  

I know there is an injured player exception but I have no idea how it works or what it would achieve. 

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I didn’t watch but looking at the box score… Ooof.  Looks like another completely invisible game with no significant impact on the court.  

Can't play the modern game going 4-25 from distance.  PW shot like the lights were out only for him.  I didn't see it but have it on the DVR, which I'll look at just to see Booker's show.

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Please just blow it all up. Keep no one. Good lord. I am done. 

Might have thought it was close if you looked at the score.  It wasn't. Move some bodies to get back the draft picks they gave away?  Then what?  Jerry Krause could have done better than this.