Official NBA 22-23

15 hours ago, ron883 said:

Has anybody else lost faith in AKME already? The parallels to Ryan Pace are uncanny. 

So far I have no faith. Williams has been a nobody. Derozan was a good pick up but Vooch and Ball signings not good. Easy for me to say on Ball cause I was his fanboy but his is due to injury. 

Even Derozan - he has been really good but is a bad fit with the club and you can just see what happens late in 4th quarters. He goes all black hole and the ball never leaves his hands. 

They should trade Derozan and Vuc. I would trade Lavine too and just get assets.

On 12/4/2022 at 5:36 PM, Chisoxfn said:

So far I have no faith. Williams has been a nobody. Derozan was a good pick up but Vooch and Ball signings not good. Easy for me to say on Ball cause I was his fanboy but his is due to injury. 

Even Derozan - he has been really good but is a bad fit with the club and you can just see what happens late in 4th quarters. He goes all black hole and the ball never leaves his hands. 

They should trade Derozan and Vuc. I would trade Lavine too and just get assets.

I have a suspicion that the iso at crunch time is what Coach D is calling for.

On 12/4/2022 at 2:11 AM, ron883 said:

Has anybody else lost faith in AKME already? The parallels to Ryan Pace are uncanny. 

Yep. 

That being said, Pace was really young when he got hired as the Bears GM and I think he's going to be decent to good if he gets another job. Given that he picked Fields, I thin he will. 

Pace's last 2 drafts with the Bears before he got fired were pretty good. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

At the very least - DDR and Vuc have to go.

I would do those two in seperate trades (get firsts or young players) and than trade Lavine for Westbrook and picks.

I would also likely deal Caruso but don’t care either way. Play White and Williams a s%*# ton and hope one or both somehow shock us. Ayo too. 

Hope lottery balls go in our favor for once. 

16 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

The Bulls have to blow this all up soon right? 

Yeah I've been thinking their schedule has been rough. Their SRS was actually decent before these last 3 games. You can't lose 2 in a row at home to the Knicks...there's no hope for this team. 

30 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah I've been thinking their schedule has been rough. Their SRS was actually decent before these last 3 games. You can't lose 2 in a row at home to the Knicks...there's no hope for this team. 

The matchups actually favor the Knicks a lot.  No surprise seeing them push the Bulls around tonight or two days ago.  Unwatchable.  This goes back to their tailspin toward the end of last season.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Astonished at all of this. But pretty much proved that I’d you group three of the third guys on a good team, you are just going to end up with a bad team and it doesn’t elevate them.

All the analysts who trashed the Bulls' off-season last year turned out to be right. They were just very wrong for the first few months. Maybe Lonzo was the glue that made it work, but I seriously doubt that he can fix this team. If he can even play basketball again...

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

All the analysts who trashed the Bulls' off-season last year turned out to be right. They were just very wrong for the first few months. Maybe Lonzo was the glue that made it work, but I seriously doubt that he can fix this team. If he can even play basketball again...

Lonzo hasn’t played for almost an entire year, they can’t be banking on him returning them to what they were those few months - if or whenever he does return.  We’ve seen enough of this team to know it doesn’t fit together.  Donovan’s comments about competing on the floor seem telling.  They need to blow it up, but I fear what their objective would be regarding potential return.  

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I mean it really did seem like a different team with lonzo. Especially in transition.

But he’s not coming back so gotta just move on. 

Exactly - Lonzo probably isn’t coming back and if he is it isn’t the Lonzo of old. How Lonzo made everything that much better I don’t know but I do know they need to blow this up and hope the lottery balls work there way and start over. 

• Like 2

Objectively, what can they do?  AK doesn’t want to be drafting high in the lottery, which watching Patrick Williams, might not be a bad thing.  Vuc is a big expiring contract, but who would want it?  You might get something of value for DeRozen but where do you go from there?  They lack picks and young high upside talent.  Zach isn’t looking like a franchise cornerstone that you can build around either.  It feels like a bigger mess in a worse position than the team AK took over, and we are stuck hoping attempt #2 fares differently with fewer assets to work with?  Oof.  Bad, expensive, and lacking picks is a horrible place to be. 

10 hours ago, chw42 said:

DeRozan was playing like an MVP and made it all look like it was working. When he returned to mortal it started to look like it does now.  And Lonzo, but primarily DDR. Without assets, it's going to be a tough rebuild.  They need to get bigger and tougher inside; maybe tweak the roster some to accomplish that with someone else's bozos off their bench.

With AD going down on the Lakers (but showing he's been back to MVP type form) - I feel like now is a good time to move one of DDR / Lavine to the Lakers. Get Westbrook and picks back and start the refresh.  If there is someone young on the Lakers they want - fine by me.  But lets start making changes.  Than just play the young guys and maybe even look for some buy low candidates (ala how others got benefited on Bulls selling low on Lauri/Carter Jr).  

Not sure if there are any - but this needs to be a get as many assets and future picks as you can. I'm not saying build through the draft - but I am saying hit a hard reset and start over.  Than you have those picks to use via draft or to acquire or whatever.  And hope and pray that with all that extra opportunity Williams, Ayo, White - one if not two actually show some signs of being productive NBA players.  

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Has any team that has acquired Westbrook as an asset come out on the other side as a better team for it. Asking for a friend 

Hey, wizards got to shed John Wall for Russ, then traded him for a nice haul of players to the lakers.