Official NBA 22-23

8 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Wow - 2 straight terrible 2nd halves and 2 straight terrible losses. 

I have returned to the sell (almost) everyone boat. It's so insane that with Lonzo, this team operates as greater than the sum of its parts. Without, far below.

I'd keep Lonzo, Ayo and Pat since you're not getting much for them. Feel out the market on Zach - with DDR and Vuc gone he might get more in the offseason.

After that, hope you get to retain the draft pick (prayers for Wemby or Scoot) and then rebuild around a young core (sigh...again) of Lonzo, Ayo, Pat, Terry, (maybe) Coby and see where it goes from there.

Just now, Quin said:

I have returned to the sell (almost) everyone boat. It's so insane that with Lonzo, this team operates as greater than the sum of its parts. Without, far below.

I'd keep Lonzo, Ayo and Pat since you're not getting much for them. Feel out the market on Zach - with DDR and Vuc gone he might get more in the offseason.

After that, hope you get to retain the draft pick (prayers for Wemby or Scoot) and then rebuild around a young core (sigh...again) of Lonzo, Ayo, Pat, Terry, (maybe) Coby and see where it goes from there.

They need to trade all of the "Big" 3 / "Mediocre 3".  

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

They need to trade all of the "Big" 3 / "Mediocre 3".  

Oh most definitely. Trade Zach now if you get a good package for him, but I'm not against holding him, letting him stat pad without DDR, Vuc and Lonzo (who the hell is gonna take shots from him? Coby and Pat?), and let him drive up his offseason price.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Quin said:

Oh most definitely. Trade Zach now if you get a good package for him, but I'm not against holding him, letting him stat pad without DDR, Vuc and Lonzo (who the hell is gonna take shots from him? Coby and Pat?), and let him drive up his offseason price.

I like Zach - but at this point - I'm not getting rid of everyone else and just keeping him. Start over while you can get value for these guys.  

• Like 1

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

I like Zach - but at this point - I'm not getting rid of everyone else and just keeping him. Start over while you can get value for these guys.  

I'm confused, we're agreeing on this. I'm just talking about whether or not he has the most value at the trade deadline or the offseason.

Just now, Quin said:

I'm confused, we're agreeing on this. I'm just talking about whether or not he has the most value at the trade deadline or the offseason.

Gotcha.  I kind of think part of doing it now is - try to ensure you don't make the playoffs and hope you keep the Orlando pick (that said - I get that it creates a different issue). That Vuc trade really was terrible. It completely prevented the franchise from really going anywhere.

Giving up that many picks and assets for a player who is slightly above average is just such a massive whiff.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Gotcha.  I kind of think part of doing it now is - try to ensure you don't make the playoffs and hope you keep the Orlando pick (that said - I get that it creates a different issue). That Vuc trade really was terrible. It completely prevented the franchise from really going anywhere.

Giving up that many picks and assets for a player who is slightly above average is just such a massive whiff.  

I feel like Zach has shown that he couldn't lead a team of Ayo, Coby, Terry, Pat and Tony Bradley to the playoffs.

I'm trying to sell everyone else. DDR, Vuc, Caruso, Jones, Drummond, Dragic, Javonte. If you can get something for them, sell.

I just don't want to settle for Westbrook + two far off Lakers firsts for Zach.

I'm so extremely bummed. I'm out on AKME. I hate not having good basketball in chicago. And what's worse, I was apathetic when we had good albeit not championship level ball.

I don't even really understand how to build a good team in the nba without extreme luck.

I don't get why the raptors are so bad. I don't get even why the bulls are. We celebrated when bulls knicks tried and now want them to tear it down.

The bulls/magic went into rebuilds, got zero lottery luck, entered decade of hell. The Grizzlies went into a rebuild, got incredible lottery luck, are entering a decade of dominance.

The Suns went into a rebuild, were largely idiots, had incredible lottery luck, tried and became dominant, it lasted for like 2 years and is facing hell.

It's really kinda hard for me to get into basketball as much. It seems way too random to build a team. It sucks.

• Like 3

I don't know how you fix this mess short of blowing it up.  AKME with a plethora of draft picks gives me pause too as I really don't have a lot of faith in their talent evaluation either.   They stupidly extended Donovan so going full rebuild doesn't seem likely either way.  I fear they try to dump Vuc for a more athletic defensive big and end up giving up too much again in a desperate push for the post season.  But this team is going nowhere fast and bandaids will fix little.

9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don't know how you fix this mess short of blowing it up.  AKME with a plethora of draft picks gives me pause too as I really don't have a lot of faith in their talent evaluation either.   They stupidly extended Donovan so going full rebuild doesn't seem likely either way.  I fear they try to dump Vuc for a more athletic defensive big and end up giving up too much again in a desperate push for the post season.  But this team is going nowhere fast and bandaids will fix little.

Yeah seriously. This run of drafting Dalen Terry, the center debacle of tristan thompson to bradley to drummond all soaking up future and present cap and being unable to play or do s%*#. Getting completely outrebounded because still putting a 6'5 guy is better than playing em.

I would probably fire them if I was owner.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This is worse than Derrick Rose...

At least we knew what Rose's injury was. Seems like nobody can really figure out what's wrong with Lonzo. 

This will come off as wrong - cause I am not implying this is a Lonzo thing. But part of me wonders - does he just need to push himself to the next level and next thing you know some scar tissue will move or he is just going to have to deal with this.

Easy for me to say and I am sure there is nothing scientifically accurate about any of it.  

41 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This will come off as wrong - cause I am not implying this is a Lonzo thing. But part of me wonders - does he just need to push himself to the next level and next thing you know some scar tissue will move or he is just going to have to deal with this.

Easy for me to say and I am sure there is nothing scientifically accurate about any of it.  

Maybe it’s just like a Brandon Roy thing and his body just can’t take it