Official NBA 22-23

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

When I watch the Bulls, the one thing I think is “wow, this team really needs a ball dominant point guard”….said no one

I’m far from a Russ fan but dude is averaging 7.5 assists a game, so he is distributing a lot this season

Just now, fathom said:

Sure, he’s capable of driving and dishing. I just don’t think that works well with DeRozan’s iso approach

At this point we aren’t getting a floor general that we really want unless something crazy happens.  It seems likely that Russ stays in La with the clips but if he came to the bulls I have to think it would be an upgrade from Ayo starting.  I like Ayo but he is so much better off the bench 

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sure, he’s capable of driving and dishing. I just don’t think that works well with DeRozan’s iso approach

If you can stagger them, might as well try it. Maybe Billy is the one coach who can get through to him? 

Yes, I know that's asking a lot.

It really is astonishing with reinsdorf teams. You always end up back on this road to irrelevance. And maybe it's predetermined.

Starting to get to the point where I think I would be ok if the mlb and nba decided to contract the bulls and white sox so long as when they did it they didn't reimburse reinsdorf, just evaporated that wealth.

• Haha 2

I still go back to - as much as I don't like this team - with a quality point guard, they are actually pretty decent with some upside (Williams arrow has been improving - slower than I would have liked but 2 months ago I thought he was trending towards mediocre bench player - now he's consistently putting up some better games and White has been very good in his role (but will probably get overpaid in the off-season).  

With that said - trade Derozan and see if you can get a few unprotected picks and be in a position to retool and see if you can get an unprotected for Vuc.  But they won't do that - so if you go with a Westbrook (worse case you drop him a few weeks later) or try to swing for a PG - I can live with that.  

Josh Hart got a lotto-protected first + Cam Reddish and filler. 

Jae Crowder, who hasn't played, just got 5 second rounders.

This is so frustrating because you know that Drummond (the one Bull I can see being moved), Caruso, DDR, LaVine and Vuc could all (probably) bring back good packages in this era of overpays post-PG

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

No idea if this guy is legit at all, but three 1st rounders would interest me.  But they would have to blow up the rest and I don't that happening by 2p today.

Yeah, I really don't understand the Bulls seemingly hoping for a play in finish. But although 3 of them are nice, they have to be spaced apart, and will probably be middle of the pack at best, and all they get back is crap for the forseeable future. If the Bulls did this, it is a total money dump.