Official NBA 22-23

I feel like he's going to have knee replacement at like age 28. 

Hard not to view things as a bulls fan, but this is incredibly sad. The good news is he got his contract before it happened, but to just be in forever rehab, that's just terrible.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Some athletes simply are not built for it in the long run. Brandon Roy, and Greg Oden, immediately to mind.

Watch it come out a decade from now it was his own shoes that caused this (totally kidding, as I don’t even know if he wears those).

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

Watch it come out a decade from now it was his own shoes that caused this (totally kidding, as I don’t even know if he wears those).

I am pretty sure it lasted less than a week because they were so uncomfortable for game play 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

What surgery is it that will have that long of a recovery time or is this one of those - they know he is toast so they are just going to assume he is out next year. 

It looks like there isn’t an nba player who has had it and returned

Unrelated to Lonzo.

With Jordan selling his majority stake, there's part of me that wants to see the fantasy of Jordan owning the Bulls (and maybe Sox?) come to fruition.

The other part of me wants to see him stay far, far away from owning either team. I only want him to exist as a player or minority owner for either franchise.

9 hours ago, Quin said:

Unrelated to Lonzo.

With Jordan selling his majority stake, there's part of me that wants to see the fantasy of Jordan owning the Bulls (and maybe Sox?) come to fruition.

The other part of me wants to see him stay far, far away from owning either team. I only want him to exist as a player or minority owner for either franchise.

Jordan’s history as an owner doesn’t have great results on the court, so that would give me pause.  But there is some level of appeal, in an ideal word, of having a mega icon wrestle the franchise from the miserly cheapskate and bring it back to international prominence.  It’s romantic even.  But just as fantastical unfortunately. 

21 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Is Billy Donovan the worst coach ever at drawing up plays? 

He's gotta be. The final play in OT was terrible. You don't need to take a timeout to in bound the ball to DeRozan and have him ISO with zero off ball movement.

He made a nice adjustment bringing in Williams to guard Maxey and bringing in DJJ for defense late won them the game. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

He's gotta be. The final play in OT was terrible. You don't need to take a timeout to in bound the ball to DeRozan and have him ISO with zero off ball movement.

He made a nice adjustment bringing in Williams to guard Maxey and bringing in DJJ for defense late won them the game. 

I am not even sure why Williams was ever out during OT. Coby White is not a good defender

59 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I am not even sure why Williams was ever out during OT. Coby White is not a good defender

Coby has gotten better at defense this year, but yeah he's still not the on-ball defender that Williams is. 

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

He's had a lot of practice drawing up that play.  It's the only one he ever calls.

On 3/16/2023 at 3:48 PM, Quin said:

What the absolute f*** is wrong with this man's knees?

It sounds like he had a meniscus tear that then damaged the articular cartilage. The reports from the current surgery make it sounds like it was a significant defect and had a MACI or OATS procedure which moves cartilage from one area to another.