Official NBA 22-23

Jimmy Butler straight up turned into MJ for the playoffs...and to think we could've built around him. That's why the Bulls are who they are, if they never lucked into MJ, Bulls would most likely be a team still pursuing their first championship.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

1 hour ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Jimmy Butler straight up turned into MJ for the playoffs...and to think we could've built around him. That's why the Bulls are who they are, if they never lucked into MJ, Bulls would most likely be a team still pursuing their first championship.

Pippen was some great scouting too. 

Of course no Rodman without the presence of MJ and Scottie. 

(And now Larsa Pippen dating Jordan's son haha. Drama.) 

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I still go back to how much I wanted him on the Bulls all the year(s) ago.  Obviously wouldn't have worked out, but he really was a darn good player for a long time. Defense a challenge - but he could score.  

Seems like every time he went to a new team, they got worse.  And he moved to new teams a lot.  Just my perception?

On 5/20/2023 at 7:47 PM, BigHurt3515 said:

I love Jimmy Butler, but these playoffs are making me so angry at this point. Why did we give him up? He would have been the next Bulls legend 

He was handling success poorly and had worn out his welcome here.  Obviously he's matured since then.  But Spoelstra is part of the equation in Miami.

Scottie Pippen says LeBron is the best of all time and Michael Jordan was a horrible basketball player, yes , horrible is the word he used, before Scottie came along. 

Pip would have been the greatest Bull ever if it wasn’t for MJ, but he has taken his Last Dance bitterness and MJs son date it his ex wife so far into his head he is saying things so ridiculous he is just setting himself up to be laughed at.

It's a shame he's just making a fool of himself now.

Edited by Dick Allen

On 5/28/2023 at 8:52 AM, Dick Allen said:

Bulls execs admitting off the record Lonzo is most likely done.

There's just no path forward for this roster as it exists without Lonzo, he's what made the whole thing work

On 5/28/2023 at 7:52 AM, Dick Allen said:

Bulls execs admitting off the record Lonzo is most likely done.

I don’t think anyone has come back from that surgery and played much less regained quality of play 

26 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bulls are going to be interesting this offseason - seems like pretty good chance at a minimum a soft reset and maybe more. Would be a good sign if they take those steps. 

AK tried and failed at the fast rebuild. I think that they would have had a puncher's shot at making a Finals with Lonzo, but would have definitely been a Top 4 team in the East annually with him. The team healthy was just so fun to watch.

With Lonzo they played more than the sum of their parts. Without, especially since they had no other point guard, they played much lesser.

But thy def need to reset. And AK should only get one shot at a reset - no infinite GarPax / KW-Hahn resets.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

AK tried and failed at the fast rebuild. I think that they would have had a puncher's shot at making a Finals with Lonzo, but would have definitely been a Top 4 team in the East annually with him. The team healthy was just so fun to watch.

With Lonzo they played more than the sum of their parts. Without, especially since they had no other point guard, they played much lesser.

But thy def need to reset. And AK should only get one shot at a reset - no infinite GarPax / KW-Hahn resets.

Did they ever really believe C.White was a PG?

7 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bulls are going to be interesting this offseason - seems like pretty good chance at a minimum a soft reset and maybe more. Would be a good sign if they take those steps. 

It’s just not interesting anymore 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Blogabull pointing out that all of these "how the nuggets were built" do not mention Karnisovas. Amazing how a reinsdorf can so easily find the guy that is just there and liked and won't ruffle feathers or try too hard.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Blogabull pointing out that all of these "how the nuggets were built" do not mention Karnisovas. Amazing how a reinsdorf can so easily find the guy that is just there and liked and won't ruffle feathers or try too hard.

Doesn't mean that he didn't have a role in it, only that there's no percentage in patting someone on the back who's no longer there.  I'm not saying he did have a role and he's sure made some odd moves here.  At least he "came from a winning organization" which is always one of the automatics in hiring around this board.