10/5- Twins at Sox, 3:10

flavum

2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I wonder if someone (Harrison, Leury) is going to play nine positions today.

Elvis 2B, AV 3B, Sheets 1B, Perez C, Engel CF, Romy LF, Leury SS, Harrison DH, Payton RF 

That probably about as goofy as it could get while resting all the regulars. 

23 minutes ago, Highland said:

Could Elvis be at second base in 2023?

Yes. There will not be substantial FA demand for him. 

He could also play 150 games there and put up the mid .600s OPS that he did from 2018-July 2022, before suddenly having a monster month and a half out of no where. This is also why there won't be substantial FA demand for him. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Highland said:

Could Elvis be at second base in 2023?

I don't think it would be smart to sign a guy who has never played 2B before to play 2B everyday, but may as well put him out there for shits and gigs today. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Start Abreu one last time for f***'s sake.  Give the man his swan song.

Maybe he will pinch hit at some point to get his ovation.  It really does seem like all signs point to the Sox moving away from Abreu and I get it.  I just hope it works out.  Vaughn will go from the pressure of playing out of position to the pressure of taking over for a guy who's had a terrific Sox career.  Of course, if I listen to some on this board that won't be a problem because they are going to trade Vaughn too.....clear out all of our DH/1B guys and move Elvis over there for 2023 :D

19 minutes ago, wegner said:

Maybe he will pinch hit at some point to get his ovation.  It really does seem like all signs point to the Sox moving away from Abreu and I get it.  I just hope it works out.  Vaughn will go from the pressure of playing out of position to the pressure of taking over for a guy who's had a terrific Sox career.  Of course, if I listen to some on this board that won't be a problem because they are going to trade Vaughn too.....clear out all of our DH/1B guys and move Elvis over there for 2023 :D

Ovation?  There will probably be bout 5,000 people there.

It continues to be rather telling that Garcia isn't even playing in these worthless games. 

• Like 1