[RUMORS] Possible clubhouse drama information leaked?

joejoesox

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why would Bennetti leave if Sox allow him to continue to double dip? It’s not like any other sports he calls are daily during the summer. 

As far as I know, he doesn't have a contract.  Takes 2 sides.  Why would they not want him back, no idea.  Maybe they have someone else in mind.

17 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

As far as I know, he doesn't have a contract.  Takes 2 sides.  Why would they not want him back, no idea.  Maybe they have someone else in mind.

I've been told details on this situation and am trying to get more confirmation.

What I can say is that the Sox have an "option" on Jason for the 2023 and 2024 seasons but as of right now there is no signed contract. His deal with Fox is causing some issues with some members of the front office because of the number of days he needs to be "off" working for them instead of doing Sox games. Jason tried to avoid this situation by wanting to work out his White Sox deal first but was told to go ahead and get his other deals done, then get back to the Sox and they'd work out something. It sounds like Jason isn't at fault here if what I'm being told is accurate. 

And the individuals I've spoken with (and will speak with more this coming week) really don't know what Stone's status will be either since his deal is up. 

• Thanks 1

That Reddit post.... I don't know some might be fiction. But this ain't the first time Jerry has a cluster f*** going on. If that would be true about Hahn he should have quit. That's why I have no respect for him. I can see the machado thing being mostly accurate. That's the bullshit the loyal Sox fans have had to endure for 41 yrs

• Like 1

I read this before he removed the backstory. The backstory didn't make a whole lot of sense. Apparently he works at Panera and at the ER? Maybe I misread that part or am misremembering it. Either way, I find it hard to believe anybody would talk this long and in this detail to a stranger about gossip at their job. All this must have taken hours to talk about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Regardless of which one of these rumors are true and and which ones are BS doesn't matter! The disgusting bottom line is, the Sox are still owned and run by the worst pathetic owner in baseball. Sadly nothing is going to change until JR passes away and the team is sold, or he let's his son Michael run it and completely stays out of any decisions and involvement whatsoever.

I would like to know whether there was talk about removing TLR during the season.  It was a most logical move.  The Jays and Phillies were scuffling and replaced their managers and now are in the playoffs.  We stood pat and basically threw the towel with TLR at the helm.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joejoesox said:

* 1 - Oscar Colas "blocked" any signing for a RFer in the previous offseason, club thought he would be ready in 2023 and didn't want to pay anyone.

Makes the fact that he wasn’t called up even more horseshit.

* 2 - TLR answered to nobody but Jerry, everytime there was an issue he went straight to Jerry and Jerry either told a player to shut up or they would be traded, or threatened
a firing on a staff member

Not surprised. f*** off Bologna.

* 4 - Rick Hahn has wanted to quit for some time and will possibly resign in the off-season. He is extremely upset that he cannot run the team the way he wants and cannot spend

Not surprised about this at all. We’ve wondered for a long while if he’s neutered and this stuff takes the entire 🤡 show into another level on an organizational level.

6 - The real offer to Machado was 8 years for 190m with roughly 150m in incentives/playing bonuses. The worst part was that Machado WANTED to play here. The "hold-up" with
Machado was him trying to negotiate with the Sox to sign here. The Padres had their offer on the table for longer and he didn't sign it to see if it would work out here.

Manny, is that you?

15 - Jerry has no interest in hiring Espada

You already got your choice asshole.

* 16 - The team isn't going to change all that much/a lot this offseason. They dont view many holes being fixable besides right field

But everyone is available? Yea.

* 17 - Rodon was not offered a QO by the front office because they "wanted to do him right." Hahn was not happy about it

Again not surprised. I also wonder still if something Boras related played into that.

* 18 - Menechino is apparently the only coach that is potentially going to be removed/fired. They looked at Mcewing and Boston and probably aren't replacing them, they're 
considering bringing up the AAA hitting coach

I don’t believe this for a second.

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Not many Sox fans are watching in this photo.

I'm hoping the Sox don't f$$$ this up too. Jason wants to be here and the vast majority of Sox fans want him back. This feels like the FO trying to save a few $'s and low ball him since he will miss a few games due to his Fox assignments. Virtually every really good baseball pbp guy has other gigs and their teams deal with it just fine. If the Sox f$$$ this up, get ready for Kasper and Gordo on the call. If that happens I'm watching the opponent's feed. Silence would be better than those two. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

I'm hoping the Sox don't f$$$ this up too. Jason wants to be here and the vast majority of Sox fans want him back. This feels like the FO trying to save a few $'s and low ball him since he will miss a few games due to his Fox assignments. Virtually every really good baseball pbp guy has other gigs and their teams deal with it just fine. If the Sox f$$$ this up, get ready for Kasper and Gordo on the call. If that happens I'm watching the opponent's feed. Silence would be better than those two. 

Agree wholeheartedly.  Will need to sign the MLB package to not watch the Sox feed with Kasper and Gordo.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Agree wholeheartedly.  Will need to sign the MLB package to not watch the Sox feed with Kasper and Gordo.

The whole reason Kasper left the Cubs to do radio was because he wanted to call postseason games. Well, these are the White Sox and they don't really go to the playoffs that often. And when they do, they get dismissed rather quickly. 

I would not be surprised if Kasper ended up leaving here for a team that regularly makes postseason appearances. 

14 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I've been told details on this situation and am trying to get more confirmation.

What I can say is that the Sox have an "option" on Jason for the 2023 and 2024 seasons but as of right now there is no signed contract. His deal with Fox is causing some issues with some members of the front office because of the number of days he needs to be "off" working for them instead of doing Sox games. Jason tried to avoid this situation by wanting to work out his White Sox deal first but was told to go ahead and get his other deals done, then get back to the Sox and they'd work out something. It sounds like Jason isn't at fault here if what I'm being told is accurate. 

And the individuals I've spoken with (and will speak with more this coming week) really don't know what Stone's status will be either since his deal is up. 

Steve Stone said on 670 this week that he expects he and Jason to return 

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

14 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I don't see how the Sox can continue if Bendetti leaves. He is part of their core. Stone maybe  wants to retire but has nothing better to do. 

On the Jason thing.... I love his passion for the sox and that after all the obstacles he's done what he's done.  That's highly admirable and deserves a ton of respect. But on the flip side there is some things about Jason that annoy the s%*# out of me and if he moves on I wouldn't be totally sad

• Like 5

10 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

If Kasper & Beckham get the full time TV gig it just makes it easier to listen to the radio call.  Not hearing either of them while also missing all of the dumb gimmick and the awful horrible jingle is A OK with me. 

On 10/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, joejoesox said:

* 2 - TLR answered to nobody but Jerry, everytime there was an issue he went straight to Jerry and Jerry either told a player to shut up or they would be traded, or threatened a firing on a staff member ~ this is totally believable.

* 3 - The Kimbrel trade was entirely Kenny Williams ~ that move had Ken Williams finger prints all over it.

* 5 - They offered Bryce Harper 150m for 11 years straight up with roughly 80m in incentives. Harper was also interested in playing here, not as much as Machado  ~ whatever the real number was, he sure would have looked good in a White Sox uniform.

* 12 - The Sox offer for Ohtani was Cease, Kopech, Eloy, Vaughn. The angels asked for all that plus Colas, Montgomery and Raudy Read. The Sox said no. ~ Ha Ha Ha

* 21 - They have been talking with Benetti since after the ASB to try to get him to continue to cast Sox games ~ I'd be extremely surprised if both are not in the booth next year.

Anyway, most of this stuff I have seen at different places online, all year.

The cool thing about it Jason leaves is all the people who complained about hawk ad nauseum and the Jason ad nauseum will definitely not be complaining about the announcers not just monotonely commenting on the action packed ball game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

The whole reason Kasper left the Cubs to do radio was because he wanted to call postseason games. Well, these are the White Sox and they don't really go to the playoffs that often. And when they do, they get dismissed rather quickly. 

I would not be surprised if Kasper ended up leaving here for a team that regularly makes postseason appearances. 

I’m sure he’s a very nice guy but I HATE Len Kasper’s voice. I hope he does leave. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, joejoesox said:

This is from Reddit, take it with a grain of salt

I believe the one about Dallas Keuchel and the “Clique”. Keuchel came in the door talking s%*# about how HE HIMSELF needed to instill a “Winning attitude” in the clubhouse, only to s%*# himself in Game 2 of the 2020 playoffs. They probably blame Keuchel for getting Renteria fired (I remember him tweeting his excitement when everybody thought Hinch had the job), so I’m sure they roasted his ass every chance they got. He deserved every bit of it. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I’m sure he’s a very nice guy but I HATE Len Kasper’s voice. I hope he does leave. 

28 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I believe the one about Dallas Keuchel and the “Clique”. Keuchel came in the door talking s%*# about how HE HIMSELF needed to instill a “Winning attitude” in the clubhouse, only to s%*# himself in Game 2 of the 2020 playoffs. They probably blame Keuchel for getting Renteria fired (I remember him tweeting his excitement when everybody thought Hinch had the job), so I’m sure they roasted his ass every chance they got. He deserved every bit of it. 

Even chetkincaid is right twice a day.