[RUMORS] Possible clubhouse drama information leaked?

joejoesox

3 hours ago, GreenSox said:

I'm good with all the announcers, including Beckham.   What would be annoying is someone with a Tom Hamilton voice quacking for 9 innings.

Gordon's improving.  Don't tell me you don't hear it.  Also don't tell me that Stone isn't irritating in a different way. I'm neutral on Kasper, but he belongs on TV.  He's too terse for radio, sort of an Ed Farmer type. 

Benetti too good to be confined to the lil' old White Sox?  How did guys like Mel Allen and Vin Scully survive?  Jason has got to decide who he wants to be.

4 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Gordon's improving.  Don't tell me you don't hear it.  Also don't tell me that Stone isn't irritating in a different way. I'm neutral on Kasper, but he belongs on TV.  He's too terse for radio, sort of an Ed Farmer type. 

Benetti too good to be confined to the lil' old White Sox?  How did guys like Mel Allen and Vin Scully survive?  Jason has got to decide who he wants to be.

Hard not to improve considering how awful he was.  90% of his improvement comes from Jason drawing out his insight through asking him direct questions. Without Jason, he's toast. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Hard not to improve considering how awful he was.  90% of his improvement comes from Jason drawing out his insight through asking him direct questions. Without Jason, he's toast. 

He absolutely has to fix the ums and uhs.  And learn to be more concise and not ramble on.  He is just awful to listen to, and has a long long way to go reach below average. 

23 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

I last heard him with Kasper.  He's getting there.  I'm not sure he needs drawing out, since his early problem was yapping too much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

I'll settle for that.

I didn't like Benetti for a while. That may have been more me missing Hawk than anything against Jason. But I've grown to accept and even somewhat embrace him I guess.

That said, I do prefer Len Kasper. If he ends up replacing Benetti, it will be an upgrade for me. And they can always tell Len that he can do the radio if they somehow turn this around and make the playoffs next year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Of we have to hear one more iteration of that was sure a professional/competitive at-bat there from Beckham... don't love Benetti, but Gordon is ten times worse.   If they piped his feeds into Midwesr prisons, the recidivism rate would easily halve. 

cruel and unusual punishment

16 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Different era; and Scully did a lot of network work.
Benetti is a good baseball announcer; but I think he's developing into a great football announcer.

Rooney was the best PBP guy the Sox have had in the many (many) years I've followed; and they didn't muster up much of an effort to keep him.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1

- Rick Hahn has wanted to quit for some time and will possibly resign in the off-season. He is extremely upset that he cannot run the team the way he wants and cannot spend the way he wants. He was against the Kimbrel trade and was apparently overrode somehow by Kenny when he's the GM.

This is believable and probably true IMO. Having said that, what concerns me is why Hahn wouldn't and hasn't resigned based on the following facts. Let me play the devil's advocate here:

1. Reinsdorf overrides Hahn's decision to hire his own manager and he is forced to take TLR and thus your next two seasons are seriously hampered. Regardless of the job Renteria did, this team clearly went downhill when Tony came on board for the last two years. 

2. Early on this season when its clear the team is not performing and failing miserably due to TLR, while meanwhile we see other owners firing experienced World Series winning managers like Girardi and Maddon. Once again Hahn's hands were tied and he couldn't fire TLR. Hahn should be furious and consider resigning, as he doesn't have full decision making authority as other MLB GM's have when it comes to underachieving managers.

3. The fact Jerry made this colossal mistake hiring his drunk demented buddy to be manager, now resulted in TLR's constant inept decision making during games or with stupid lineups. This resulted in Hahn's constructed roster finishing a major disappointment with a W-L record of 81-81 and out of the playoffs. Consequently, Hahn is blamed for the poor roster construction and takes a heavy amount of blame for the 2022 debacle. One could argue, if a competent manager was hired, this team might have done much better the last two years. Let's be crystal clear here, if TLR didn't have any medical problems, there is no way Jerry was going to fire Tony and he would definitely would be the Sox manager in 2023. Another valid reason to resign. 

4. Kenny Williams who I and many people thought, was not involved in the roster decisions anymore once Jerry promoted Hahn. We all know Jerry knew Hahn was be approached and recruited by several other teams. We all thought Jerry gave Hahn with his new GM promotion, the full authority without KW overriding him in order not to lose Hahn. Well obviously that possible wasn't the case and KW overrode Hahn and made that ridiculous Kimbrel trade. Evidently now, not only does Hahn not have a decision in hiring or firing his manager, but with KW still around, he obviously doesn't have final authority on the roster moves. Let's not be naïve here either, if this was true that KW was involved on the Kimbrel trade, how do we know KW wasn't overriding or making other stupid trades?

Well the fact Hahn hasn't resigned, shows me he is not that smart or tough minded GM with principles, character and pride. Since the owner isn't going anywhere and who knows with KW, why in the world would Hahn want to stay to fix this trainwreck, when you can't make critical manager and roster decisions. 

I realize Hahn didn't do the greatest job for the Sox, but there will always be an owner out there that would think Hahn might be better qualified than their current GM and are looking for new direction. There are always owners who would respect Hahn's resignation due to his circumstances and not hold these poor results as harshly against Hahn. Owners could argue that Hahn wasn't dealt a fair hand to be successful. 

Sadly until this team is sold, unfortunately this kind of dysfunctional leadership and management style will continue to prevent loyal Sox fans from watching their team compete for a world series. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I like Jason, but he is WAY better in literally every other situation than with Steve Stone.

I really like having a lifelong Sox fan in the booth, but if Benetti moves on, he moves on and the best of luck to him.....just take that damn jingle with you Jason.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Different era; and Scully did a lot of network work.
Benetti is a good baseball announcer; but I think he's developing into a great football announcer.

Rooney was the best PBP guy the Sox have had in the many (many) years I've followed; and they didn't muster up much of an effort to keep him.

Rooney wanted to go to St. Louis really badly.  The first time the job was open, the Sox enforced his contract and made him stay against his will.  When he finally did go, his contract was up for renewal so he wasn't encumbered.  

You're spot on about Jason vis a vis baseball and football. Rooney?  Couldn't draw a picture with words like the great ones can.  I know I'm in the minority around here.