[RUMORS] Possible clubhouse drama information leaked?

joejoesox

On 10/9/2022 at 1:52 PM, The Beast said:

Wondering why JR doesn’t want to hire Espada, other than the Astros cheating scandal or that he’s afraid of changing the way things get done.

Don't waste your time wondering why he wouldn't want Espada. Jerry's extensive track record with his dumb decisions have absolutely shown no wisdom or logic. 

1. Let Hawk Harrelson, a play by play broadcaster with no prior GM or front office experience become his GM.

2. Allowed Hawk to fire Tony LaRussa even though he had a winning record. As we all know Jerry has confirmed it was one of the biggest regrets he made not stopping Hawk. Additionally Jerry also allowed Hawk to fire Asst. GM Dave Dombrowski and trade away rookie Bobby Bonilla for Jose DeLeon. 

3. Jerry fired Larry Himes who drafted Jack McDowell '87, Robin Ventura '88, Frank Thomas '89, Alex Fernandez '90, Bob Wickman '90, Wickman was traded away to Cleveland by Himes replacement Ron Schueler. Btw, Wickman had a solid career at Cleveland and was a two time all-star and league leading saves leader twice and is currently 2nd on the all-time on saves list for Cleveland.

4. During the 1994 strike year Jerry was one of the major driving forces to convince the owners not to accept the players offer and allow the season to end at around 113 games...thus costing his own team, a legitimate chance at the 1994 World Series with arguably one the best teams in baseball that year.

5. Jerry overrides Rick Hahn and makes Hahn hire his buddy Tony LaRussa well past his prime both mentally and physically. Even though he made this massive mistake, Jerry doubles down to make an even dumber mistake of not firing Tony. 

6. With his Bulls team, Jerry allowed Jerry Krauss to force out Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan and breaking up the dynasty and not allowing the Bulls to go after a 7th title.

7. With his Bulls team Jerry also allowed John Paxson to destroy the Bulls and allowed Paxton to keep the team in total mediocrity until his son Michael finally took the team over and removed Paxson to go out and sign Arturas Karnisovas. Paxson's final 4 seasons were 102-199 and probably would still be in charge if not for Michael Reinsdorf being finally allowed to step in and have full authority over the Bulls team, thus making logical changes which his father obviously was clueless on.

This is why you can't even begin to wonder why Reinsdorf has made all these historical terrible decisions. He is plain and simply one of the worst owners of all time.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 4

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Of we have to hear one more iteration of that was sure a professional/competitive at-bat there from Beckham... don't love Benetti, but Gordon is ten times worse.   If they piped his feeds into Midwesr prisons, the recidivism rate would easily halve. 

Recidivism is a really hard word to use in a sentence.

11 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Don't waste your time wondering why he wouldn't want Espada. Jerry's extensive track record with his dumb decisions have absolutely shown no wisdom or logic. 

1. Let Hawk Harrelson, a play by play broadcaster with no prior GM or front office experience become his GM.

2. Allowed Hawk to fire Tony LaRussa even though he had a winning record. As we all know Jerry has confirmed it was one of the biggest regrets he made not stopping Hawk. Additionally Jerry also allowed Hawk to fire Asst. GM Dave Dombrowski and trade away rookie Bobby Bonilla for Jose DeLeon. 

3. Jerry fired Larry Himes who drafted Jack McDowell '87, Robin Ventura '88, Frank Thomas '89, Alex Fernandez '90, Bob Wickman '90, Wickman was traded away to Cleveland by Himes replacement Ron Schueler. Btw, Wickman had a solid career at Cleveland and was a two time all-star and league leading saves leader twice and is currently 2nd on the all-time on saves list for Cleveland.

4. During the 1994 strike year Jerry was one of the major driving forces to convince the owners not to accept the players offer and allow the season to end at around 113 games...thus costing his own team, a legitimate chance at the 1994 World Series with arguably one the best teams in baseball that year.

5. Jerry overrides Rick Hahn and makes Hahn hire his buddy Tony LaRussa well past his prime both mentally and physically. Even though he made this massive mistake, Jerry doubles down to make an even dumber mistake of not firing Tony. 

6. With his Bulls team, Jerry allowed Jerry Krauss to force out Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan and breaking up the dynasty and not allowing the Bulls to go after a 7th title.

7. With his Bulls team Jerry also allowed John Paxson to destroy the Bulls and allowed Paxton to keep the team in total mediocrity until his son Michael finally took the team over the team and removed Paxson to go out and sign Arturas Karnisovas. Paxson's final 4 seasons were 102-199 and probably would still be in charge if not for Michael Reinsdorf being finally allowed to step in and have full authority over the Bulls team, thus making logical changes which his father obviously was clueless on.

This is why you can't even begin to wonder why Reinsdorf has made all these historical terrible decisions. He is plain and simply one of the worst owners of all time.

The only thing I can think of is that JR doesn’t want to hire someone who will need more staff in analytics, training and scouting, which is what Espada and Quatraro probably need.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

The only thing I can think of is that JR doesn’t want to hire someone who will need more staff in analytics, training and scouting, which is what Espada and Quatraro probably need.

Great point! As we saw the Sox are last in number of people in the analytics dept. Lord knows Jerry wouldn't want to spend more money than necessary to run this team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Of we have to hear one more iteration of that was sure a professional/competitive at-bat there from Beckham... don't love Benetti, but Gordon is ten times worse.   If they piped his feeds into Midwesr prisons, the recidivism rate would easily halve. 

His is the worst and talks way too much. If he does play by play next year, which unfortunately I'm sure he will, I will probably just turn the volume off and watch the game visually. 

On 10/9/2022 at 7:34 AM, JoshPR said:

On the Jason thing.... I love his passion for the sox and that after all the obstacles he's done what he's done.  That's highly admirable and deserves a ton of respect. But on the flip side there is some things about Jason that annoy the s%*# out of me and if he moves on I wouldn't be totally sad

It becomes difficult to listen to a nerd that has never fielded a grounder in his life talk baseball as an authority on the subject over the long haul, I'm ready for a fresh voice.  If it's Kaspar however, I'll be on the opposing feed as others mentioned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

It becomes difficult to listen to a nerd that has never fielded a grounder in his life talk baseball as an authority on the subject over the long haul, I'm ready for a fresh voice.  If it's Kaspar however, I'll be on the opposing feed as others mentioned. 

Lol people worship some nerdvei like he is The Messiah. Third Testament. 

On 10/10/2022 at 8:56 PM, RG23SoxFan said:

I am with you, would be happy if Benetti didn't come back.

On the Bulls game last night, Jason teamed with Stacey King.  He's better at basketball than he is at baseball and while we're at it, he's better than Adam Amin.  Ah, Stacey makes everyone better.  The humor between him and Jason was genuine and funny, as was the laughter.  Adam Amin is good at quoting statistics.  Otherwise, the best I can say is that he's no worse than mediocre.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2022 at 2:27 PM, JoeCredeYes said:

this is true, a VPN can be used to bypass I'm told

you can just watch the games online for free, there are numerous free legal sites that don't require any login or sign up

sportsurge dot net

mlbstream dot me

if you need help with a good adblocker, send me a PM. adblockers aren't required but they allow you to skip the first 30sec ad that usually plays on these sites

edit: Sportsurge also has PPV boxing events free, as well as pretty much every other sport. It's really good

Edited by joejoesox

5 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

you can just watch the games online for free, there are numerous free legal sites that don't require any login or sign up

sportsurge dot net

mlbstream dot me

if you need help with a good adblocker, send me a PM. adblockers aren't required but they allow you to skip the first 30sec ad that usually plays on these sites

edit: Sportsurge also has PPV boxing events free, as well as pretty much every other sport. It's really good

"Legal"

On 10/10/2022 at 2:25 PM, JoeCredeYes said:

If you don’t care for his delivery that’s fine but the “has never fielded a ball in his life” s%*# is stupid 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If you don’t care for his delivery that’s fine but the “has never fielded a ball in his life” s%*# is stupid 

Jason is one of the best around and I don’t give a s%*# that he never played.  The gimmicks on the Sox broadcasts have grown stale and I wish they would change it up, but I don’t put that on Jason.  He’s fantastic on national games too and if the Sox gave us consistent quality play I have no doubt the quality of the broadcast would jump equally. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Totally agree.  This is the absolute lamest excuse for not liking an announcer.  The ability to observe is no where near related to their physical abilities, or in Jason's case, his disabilities.  The man is a more talented at what he does than 99.99% of people who played baseball for a living.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Jason is the perfect network promote, checks all the right boxes in this day and age. He should negotiate a great deal for himself and all the best wishes to him, he’s a great success story and very talented. 

Like Major League, no one is going to be watching the broadcasts of this shitshow in the next few years anyway, so let’s find a Harry Caray, Brockmeyer character who gets drunk on air and keeps us entertained / distracted from the dumpster fire on the field ..: 

58 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

DJ and Beckham in the booth, Ron Washington in the dugout, and the same team on the field is a perfect storm of awful that would totally turn me off as a fan next year.

DJ is horrendous, Beckham may actually be worse. I couldn't watch lol

• Fire 2