2022 Playoffs Divisional Round

Kyyle23

23 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

He’s everything we thought Eloy would be. 

Being left handed helps. Plus he's got the Piazza like swing where just barreling it up on his natural swing sends it out to any field. That bomb he hit to left field was just a sweetly balanced swing on a pitch a couple inches off the outside corner.

Juan Soto only sporting a .600 ops in the post season.  Pretty much continues to be all pitching bullpen defense and Machado/Trent Grisham, who hit just .184 in the regular season.  Hader got his swag back. 

Nevertheless, will see tons of complaints if LAD NYY and Braves all miss the LCS. 

Meanwhile, Houston just continues to perform year after year, despite the changing faces. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/commentary-excruciating-conclusion-dodgers-glorious-100028776.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/dreamed-one-win-nlcs-300-122806788.html

If the Padres can finish it, they will have pulled off one of the sport’s truly monumental upsets. The Dodgers won 22 more games than the Padres during the regular season. No team has won a postseason series against a team as many games above them in the standings since the 1906 White Sox. 

Edited by caulfield12

20 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The playoffs are more fluky than ever, especially this new format. None of the teams that got a bye have played well. The Astros would be down 2-0 if it wasn't for Yordan Alvarez. All you gotta do is get in and hope your team gets hot. The Sox could have done that had they made a change at manager in June or July. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

This image haunts my memory.

Screen_Shot_2018_11_08_at_4.56.26_PM.png

You and me both. What's particularly painful is listening to Harper talk about *his* interest in signing with the Sox when he was a free agent. It was obvious the idea of signing here really appealed to him, but fortunately for all of us, Jerry made sure that wasn't going to happen. 🙂

“I was like, ‘They could be a good team.’ They’ve got a lot of good arms. They’ve got (Michael) Kopech, they’ve got (Reynaldo) Lopez, they’ve got (Lucas) Giolito, two guys they got from the Nats in the (Adam) Eaton trade. They’ve got really good pitching. They’ve got Dane Dunning, as well, who’s a minor league guy. He’ll be in the big leagues this year, possibly. So they had a lot of good prospects coming up. (Nick) Madrigal, I think.

“So they had a lot of good guys, and I was like, ‘Hmm. Who’s going to hit behind me? Oh, shoot, big ol’ first baseman (Jose Abreu)’s going to hit behind me.’ That’s huge for me because he just kind of goes about his business, hits .280 every year with 25 (home runs) quietly and nobody really talks about it. But he’s a very good guy to hit behind me, so that was a big thing, as well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/bryce-harper-raves-about-2018-meeting-white-sox-during-mlb-free-agency

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The playoffs are more fluky than ever, especially this new format. None of the teams that got a bye have played well. The Astros would be down 2-0 if it wasn't for Yordan Alvarez. All you gotta do is get in and hope your team gets hot. The Sox could have done that had they made a change at manager in June or July. 

You're exactly right and that's why when fans say "who cares if our team gets in, they have no shot to do anything" is ridiculous. Once you're in, any team is capable of beating anyone.

Edited by maxjusttyped

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

You're exactly right and that's why when fans say "who cares if our team gets in, they have no shot to do anything" is ridiculous. Once you're in, any team is capable of beating anyone.

But note that the playoffs are filtering out certain types of teams. How much of this has been won by power? How many impressive defensive performances have we seen? How deep are these bullpens going? 

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Bellinger on the bench against a righty. I'm guessing he'll be done in LA after this season. How far he's fallen in such a short period of time is remarkable.

Get ready for the Sox to sign him.