2022 ALCS- Yankees/Astros

flavum

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Are the Yankees really that good?  Their bullpen is a wreck and outside of Cole their starting pitching isn't that deep or experienced.

Stanton and Judge showed up in game 5 but I am still not sold on the Indians and think the schedule next year hurts them.

They're not. They might get Benintendi and DJM back this series though so that might help them. Their LF situation is a total disaster. 

Their bullpen depth is also shot so I have a hard time seeing them winning multiple games in a row without off days in between. 

Edited by chw42

7 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Are the Yankees really that good?  Their bullpen is a wreck and outside of Cole their starting pitching isn't that deep or experienced.

Stanton and Judge showed up in game 5 but I am still not sold on the Indians and think the schedule next year hurts them.

Power rankings have the Stros at one and Yanx four so someone agrees.

55 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

The Yankees have to be lesser of two evils here, right?

I'm pretty sure Houston is gonna win this series, only to lose in the WS to an NL East team that got hot at the right time cause they've done that twice now in the past 3 years. 

30 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I'm pretty sure Houston is gonna win this series, only to lose in the WS to an NL East team that got hot at the right time cause they've done that twice now in the past 3 years. 

Wow this is accurate, Nationals, Braves, and potential Phillies.  That's kind of crazy.

On 10/19/2022 at 9:04 AM, chw42 said:

They're not. They might get Benintendi and DJM back this series though so that might help them. Their LF situation is a total disaster. 

Their bullpen depth is also shot so I have a hard time seeing them winning multiple games in a row without off days in between. 

Hey wait a minute that sounds like another team we know.