2022 ALCS- Yankees/Astros

flavum

On 10/20/2022 at 11:00 AM, chw42 said:

I'm pretty sure Houston is gonna win this series, only to lose in the WS to an NL East team that got hot at the right time cause they've done that twice now in the past 3 years. 

Praying for that outcome.  For all their recent success the Astros have not won a single non-tainted World Series in their history (something I love to remind their fans about) and it has been fun watching them get denied repeatedly.

• Like 1

I'd be thrilled hiring Espada, but it's not really him the Sox need. It's the scouts, player dev staff, coaches, analysts, etc who make it possible for the Astros to be such a fine tuned machine they can lose Carlos Correa and not miss a beat.

Pena is a stud but if he's drafted to another organization, I don't think he becomes *this*. at least not so quickly.

19 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'd be thrilled hiring Espada, but it's not really him the Sox need. It's the scouts, player dev staff, coaches, analysts, etc who make it possible for the Astros to be such a fine tuned machine they can lose Carlos Correa and not miss a beat.

Pena is a stud but if he's drafted to another organization, I don't think he becomes *this*. at least not so quickly.

Didn't he go to Maine or some other non baseball sounding D1 program? 

2 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Espada is a sign that the White Sox understand this, and they're going to work on building up the system around him. And even if they don't do it perfectly, doing it well enough can put them in the same situation as the Phillies are right now. Not always on top, but relevant and occasionally making deep playoff runs. That's where they should be!