2022 World Series - Phillies/Astros

Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Was Wheeler really worth taking out there? He hit a guy that was looking to get hit and gave up a single. 

Only threw 70 pitches. This is one where I think the new school “always go for the matchup” backfires. He’d be hated on if it didn’t work, but at the same time, Alvarez was going to figure that guy out eventually. He was seeing him every game.

35 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Only threw 70 pitches. This is one where I think the new school “always go for the matchup” backfires. He’d be hated on if it didn’t work, but at the same time, Alvarez was going to figure that guy out eventually. He was seeing him every game.

Thompson probably also let Nola go for too long in game 4. It was apparent that the Astros were on him in the 4th before he gave up 3 hits in the 5th. Maybe that's why Wheeler had such a quick hook. 

I also want to point out that what Maldonado did was bush league. He went up to the plate looking to get hit and he basically ran into the pitch. The only reason they didn't call it was because he was technically moving his elbow closer to his body.

I don’t know. I would have killed to have a luhnow hired in 2011 and build an organization so embedded with the focus on improvement and taking every edge that he could be removed, star players left and still be in 4/6 World Series with 2 wins.

Also congrats to Dusty.

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It brings me small consolation that this was no redemption arc, fans and media outside of Houston still believe that they cheat and cheated in the playoffs/World Series lol

The baseball blue checkmarks seem to be going out of their way this morning to convince everyone that 2022 erases 2017 without actually calling it a redemption.  It’s pretty gross to me. 

37 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

"Always and forever" is hyperbole, but "as long as any members of the 2017 team are still there" is appropriate.

I think that's a fair statement. That point was exactly why I was so surprised back then when many people here wanted Hunch or Cora as our manager. Good thing we got rid of Dallas Keuchel or our win would have been tainted. 

• 4 months later...