2022-23 NHL Thread

Obviously not much interest in the Blackhawks right now. However, I like their Coach Luke Richardson. Seems like they got much faster. Domi and Athanasiou are playing well. The PK has 4 shorthanded goals already which is 2 more than all of last year. They are forechecking well. It may well turn out to be the high point of the season being a game over .500 now but  they've been an enjoyable watch so far.

Nice win over a very good Panthers team. More than likely not a playoff team but that's a step up from what I was going to be the most dismal season ever.

It still could be but the payers seem to have bought into Richardson's leadership.

1st time in almost 40 years the Hawks have won their 1st 3 home games of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Texsox said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/06/sport/boston-bruins-part-ways-mitchell-miller-reaj/index.html

Tough situation. The kid screwed his future NHL career as a 14 year old. I use these examples with my students. 

I just wonder if we should be punishing people for things they said when they were 14.

28 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I just wonder if we should be punishing people for things they said when they were 14.

Or did in this case. Giving someone candy that you tossed in a urinal is pretty gross. 

I see both sides. I did plenty of embarrassing things as a teenager. I'm glad no records exist.

Just now, Texsox said:

Or did in this case. Giving someone candy that you tossed in a urinal is pretty gross. 

I see both sides. I did plenty of embarrassing things as a teenager. I'm glad no records exist.

I did home (online) school for high school, so I didn't get the same opportunity to do embarrassing things as most kids.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tony said:

To be clear, this isn't about just what he "said" but also what he "did" 

Not to mention continued to bully and harass a disabled, African American kid (and his family) till he was 17. This isn't a "boys will be boys" situation. I suggest some read the whole story about this. 

f*** that dude and I'm glad the Bruins realized their mistake (which they shouldn't of done in the first place).

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is a really bad look. Who in the hell signed off on that? 

I'm kinda pissed. 

It's Hossa's night and he likely wanted him there. You are acting like this is Rocky Wirtz with another outburst or something.

Edited by SoxAce

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah it's kinda bad news because there's a big drop off after the top 4. 

It's not a huge drop off. This draft class is ridiculously deep. The top 4 guys have the best chance to be impact players but there's plenty of guys who can be top 6-9 players.

Make no mistake though.. this is Connor Bedard's draft. Michkov is the only other player who can be just as good as Bedard but he is a huge risk with the Russian factor.

8 hours ago, SoxAce said:

It's not a huge drop off. This draft class is ridiculously deep. The top 4 guys have the best chance to be impact players but there's plenty of guys who can be top 6-9 players.

Make no mistake though.. this is Connor Bedard's draft. Michkov is the only other player who can be just as good as Bedard but he is a huge risk with the Russian factor.

Yeah Bedard is just on a completely different level. 

9 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I was wondering more about the significance of each slot down given the lottery odds. I have to say they were bigger drops than I thought looking at tankathon. But, there is 3 months left and a trade deadline. It's not like any of these teams are going to lose out.

I do think it's interesting how often in tanking when a team is accused of not even creating a professional, competitive group they end up with not the worst record. In baseball, #1 pick always seems like a group of vets that just completely fell off out of nowhere (baltimore 2018).

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Tony said:

Yeah, that's a solid deal and the Hawks using their cap space wisely. They are going to suck again next year so use the space to get more capital. 

I think Kane ends up staying

Would have 0 issue with that. It's up to Kane at this point. What I like about Davidson is he ain't afraid to hold onto guys that playoff teams try to get a lesser return on (Kubalik, Strome) and let a guy walk than help them. Unless he really does Kane a solid, I think he'll have 0 issue letting Kane stay if the Rangers aren't ponying up (and they better. Think the Giroux trade last year, maybe even a touch more as Kane is the better player).