2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Unless you're going to expand rosters to allow for carrying 14-15 pitchers, you need something to avoid lots of 12+ inning games, and this is the best we've got.

I would be more in favor of this if it started in like the 13th inning. Give them another 1/3 of the length of a game the old way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Unless you're going to expand rosters to allow for carrying 14-15 pitchers, you need something to avoid lots of 12+ inning games, and this is the best we've got.

They used to do it with 9 and 10 man pitching staffs. I wonder if the pendulum will ever swing the other way, and except for basically closers, max effort every pitch isn't emphasized as much.  

23 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They used to do it with 9 and 10 man pitching staffs. I wonder if the pendulum will ever swing the other way, and except for basically closers, max effort every pitch isn't emphasized as much.  

They banned the shift, another advantage in favor of hitters. I don't see the trend of needing max effort to get hitters out changing anytime soon. With hitters, at least ones not coached by Menechino, being so much better at exit velocity and launch angle, missing bats is much more important now than ever.

On 11/2/2022 at 10:23 AM, CentralChamps21 said:

I still think it's the stupidest s%*# ever. If it's so well received why aren't they doing it in the postseason?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Mets are resigning Diaz.  

He’s getting paid

Must be nice to have an owner who will spend 100 million dollar on a contract let alone a reliever. Hahn must be pissed he won’t have a seat at the table for him 

Edited by Vote4Pedro

On 11/2/2022 at 12:43 PM, Dick Allen said:

It would help cut down on injuries a whole lot. It's kinda weird to see a guy lead the league with 220 innings pitched too.