2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If Kenny really is leaving as soon as after this season, we shoudl be on the phone right now looking to work this guy into our system somewhere high.

Sox really should go after this guy, but we all know Jerry is too loyal

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wegner said:

I didn't realize MLBPA allowed teams to offer Hard Carl a QO??

That's why I've been whining the last year about giving Rodon away. It was like Hahn was working for another team and not the White Sox by not extending the QO to Rodon, not to mention after not doing that I wanted them to resign him.

He screwed up in my book twice on Rodon and more than that by using money that should've been paid to Rodon on crap  a guy like Kelly ! Damn he sucks.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

Some very smart team that isn't the White Sox are going to bring both of these guys in and their organization will be much better for it. 

Yep Click and Baker didn't get along and Crane is basically siding with Baker. Of course Click inherited a lot of stuff with the Astro's but he did manage not to screw it up.

There was a point where Click had a trade worked out with the Cubs Willson Contreras for Jose Urquidy but Baker complained to Crane and Crane nixed the deal.

38 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Taking fliers on guys like Nick Anderson seems like a much better strategy than paying ~9M AAV for 2nd or 3rd tier relievers like Kelly or Graveman, but what do I know.

A $1 million gamble on a guy like that is well worth it. If he sucks, it's $1 million. Meanwhile, Kelly sucked and we paid him $8x that last year and we'll have to pay him another $8 million again this year.