2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

5 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You're not the first the say that bullpen, second base and utility were a poor allocation of resources last year..  You're like the 2,468th

dude, quit having a boner over everything i say. you nitpick. kind of getting tired of you. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I wouldn't mind betting on a bounce back from Winker assuming the price isn't crazy - and it shouldn't be, with one year left on his deal and his struggles in Seattle. Get a LH bat in the lineup at a low salary ($8M) in a similar park environment to Cincinnati where he was over an .800 OPS every year. Also lets you play Eloy at DH.

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

I wouldn't mind betting on a bounce back from Winker assuming the price isn't crazy - and it shouldn't be, with one year left on his deal and his struggles in Seattle. Get a LH bat in the lineup at a low salary ($8M) in a similar park environment to Cincinnati where he was over an .800 OPS every year. Also lets you play Eloy at DH.

Problem is, Winker should also be DHing.

16 minutes ago, almagest said:

Winker has been an injury prone, disaster defender, replacement player for the majority  of his career..  Pass.

35 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Winker has been an injury prone, disaster defender, replacement player for the majority  of his career..  Pass.

He's hit everywhere but Seattle, and even there he was roughly league average. How else are you going to get a decent left handed hitter with some pop in this lineup with their budgetary restrictions and barren minor leagues?

35 minutes ago, almagest said:

He's hit everywhere but Seattle, and even there he was roughly league average. How else are you going to get a decent left handed hitter with some pop in this lineup with their budgetary restrictions and barren minor leagues?

Because it’s about time they focus on outfield defense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Because it’s about time they focus on outfield defense

With Colas in RF and Robert in CF I'd be ok with Eloy/Winker in LF. I don't see a way for them to maintain decent offense in LF and get better defense without a miracle.