2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Mil could have let him walk - so they want at least some sort of asset for him otherwise they wouldn’t have picked up the option. 

Feels like Milwaukee is doing what the Sox did with Kimbrel last year. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Perhaps this is why it was rumored the Kepler trade was expanding to include a SP coming from MIN also.

Who would the Twins be willing to trade to us from their rotation? I doubt they'd trade any of their cost-controlled guys in Ryan, Ober, or Winder. Mahle and Maeda have injury issues. Gray would make sense, but the only way he's coming back is if the Twins are punting on 2023 and rebuilding. 

5 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

More like $20M. Kepler is guaranteed $9.5M and Wong is at $10M in his final year of control. 

Trading Reylo would be tough. I’d rather keep Reylo, sign a LH OF and just roll the dice on the kids at 2B. Can always find an expiring contract middle infielder for little return come July. 

100%

4 hours ago, chw42 said:

Who would the Twins be willing to trade to us from their rotation? I doubt they'd trade any of their cost-controlled guys in Ryan, Ober, or Winder. Mahle and Maeda have injury issues. Gray would make sense, but the only way he's coming back is if the Twins are punting on 2023 and rebuilding. 

The rumor from Footlong is Giolito for Kepler and one of Maeda or Paddack.  That being said, the guy is 100% full of s%*# and I think we can put this rumor to rest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The rumor from Footlong is Giolito for Kepler and one of Maeda or Paddack.  That being said, the guy is 100% full of s%*# and I think we can put this rumor to rest.

Both guys coming off TJS...no thanks 

55 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Omfg paddack is out for the year right? And maeda is returning from TJS from the previous year? No way they trade Gio in the division….this stuff is so blatantly made up s%*#

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1