2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

On 11/6/2022 at 3:53 PM, Vote4Pedro said:

He’s getting paid

Must be nice to have an owner who will spend 100 million dollar on a contract let alone a reliever. Hahn must be pissed he won’t have a seat at the table for him 

Well that what happens when the 38th richest man in the US Steve Cohen, owns the Mets and cares about winning and spending whatever insane amount of money it takes to attempt to attain that goal.

It sucks as a Sox fan, because it's a luxury the Sox fans will never see, until this team is sold and the POS loser owner JR is gone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Imagine being the White Sox and turning away players like Jose Abreu and Carlos Rodon, only for 100 win teams (and reigning champs) to sign and meet with them.

Weak s%*#.

Must be nice to be a fan of a team willing to spend and go all in to win. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I knew he would sign somewhere fairly soon. He's got too much talent , just got victimized by AZ. Horn of Plenty in the OF.

My main guy Outman can still be traded for. He's the one I want most. However still need depth pieces and 2 I thought were good for that already gone.

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I knew he would sign somewhere fairly soon. He's got too much talent , just got victimized by AZ. Horn of Plenty in the OF.

My main guy Outman can still be traded for. He's the one I want most. However still need depth pieces and 2 I thought were good for that already gone.

He probably wanted to go somewhere where he could play every day. That would be a team just like the Nats.

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

He probably wanted to go somewhere where he could play every day. That would be a team just like the Nats.

Hey at least I identified a couple guys who were snatched up early.  OF depth and defense remain a big problem not likely to be solved through Free Agency.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Shelby Miller getting a major league deal from the best organization in baseball when he hasn't been a useful big league pitcher since 2015 is pretty wild.

There must be something interesting in his pitch data considering teams like the Dodgers, Yankees, & Giants have all taken a flier on him in the last year.

The Dodgers chase a lot of bad talent as a buffer at the bottom of their roster.

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Dodgers chase a lot of bad talent as a buffer at the bottom of their roster.

Their bullpen is largely filled with waiver claims & arms that took nothing to acquire. Most of the time bad talent acquisitions turn out, well, bad but they've hit in a ridiculous number of moves like this over the last decade or so.

23 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Shelby Miller getting a major league deal from the best organization in baseball when he hasn't been a useful big league pitcher since 2015 is pretty wild.

There must be something interesting in his pitch data considering teams like the Dodgers, Yankees, & Giants have all taken a flier on him in the last year.

No surprise at all.

• Like 1