2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

15 minutes ago, Snopek said:

This is what actually trying to win looks like.

Dave Dombroski was a South Sider who began his career with our Chicago White Sox in 1978 and moved up to assistant GM to Roland Hemond, but was let go by none other than the Hawk.   We all know what he went on to do from there when given the money to spend by owners that actually care about their fans.   

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 8:16 PM, maxjusttyped said:

This explains why they signed him. I've noticed Eno's stuff model lines up very well with arms the Dodgers acquire.

that's good stuff. Thanks

The Dodgers put more resources into scouting and development  than just about anyone. It's why they come up with late round gems and can turn Trace Thompson and others into valuable pieces. Plus it's a fraction of the costof spending money on 1 yr. middling contracts for questionable talent. The Dodgers go big or go low often.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Why shouldn't they find other ways to drive revenue.  

Look I have zero problem with it or whatever they want to do.  If someone will pay them to dress up as clowns, take the cash.  I think what irritates the piss out of everyone is when headlines like this are happening, yet teams are crying poor. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look I have zero problem with it or whatever they want to do.  If someone will pay them to dress up as clowns, take the cash.  I think what irritates the piss out of everyone is when headlines like this are happening, yet teams are crying poor. 

I have a problem with it because of this on top of the other ads.

We already have the Grand Slam brought to you by Honda, walks brought to you by Dr. Scholl's, every spot in the stadium has an ad. The outfield walls used to have cool ass portraits of retired numbers, but those are now ads. I find the Nationwide jingle fun because Jason and Steve ham it up, but plenty don't.

So leave one thing, especially if teams cry poor. Soccer doesn't have commercials, so ads are more understandable.

Edit: If they tried to make it match the uniform like some NBA sponsors (Boston's GE and Cleveland's Goodyear were legit patches), I wouldn't mind as much.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

I have a problem with it because of this on top of the other ads.

We already have the Grand Slam brought to you by Honda, walks brought to you by Dr. Scholl's, every spot in the stadium has an ad. The outfield walls used to have cool ass portraits of retired numbers, but those are now ads. I find the Nationwide jingle fun because Jason and Steve ham it up, but plenty don't.

So leave one thing, especially if teams cry poor. Soccer doesn't have commercials, so ads are more understandable.

Edit: If they tried to make it match the uniform like some NBA sponsors (Boston's GE and Cleveland's Goodyear were legit patches), I wouldn't mind as much.

Having to listen to all the Jesus ads on the radio last year was the one advertising related thing that genuinely got on my nerves and was unpleasant. 

I generally have less of a problem with most of the other ads you mention, but I do feel like highlighting this one for reasons:

umpire-ftx-patch-mlb-baseball-2021-playo

• Fire 1