2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Bellinger is most likely just a guy going forward. Would rather they go Nimmo or Conforto for the Outfield anyways...but they probably are gonna ruin it all and let Sheets and Colas die out there 

Pessimistic me says Hahn clears the payroll needed to sign an OF right after all the LH options are gone and he goes with a Sheets/RH FA platoon for LF.

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Bellinger is most likely just a guy going forward. Would rather they go Nimmo or Conforto for the Outfield anyways...but they probably are gonna ruin it all and let Sheets and Colas die out there 

Is this the Conforto market setter?  I was very against a multi year Conforto deal last year, but anything under $20M for 1 year right now makes too much sense for the Sox to pass up, which of course means it won't happen.  

8 minutes ago, Johno said:

Rick Hahn and the entire organization need to WAKE up.    This is B S!!!!

Telling Hahn to wake up is futile. All the best organizations are armed with common sense, lots of $, and a ton of PhDs. White Sox have “hunches”, no real ability to spend, and a kid with an associates degree from COD playing with Microsoft Excel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Is this the Conforto market setter?  I was very against a multi year Conforto deal last year, but anything under $20M for 1 year right now makes too much sense for the Sox to pass up, which of course means it won't happen.  

But I imagine a lot of other teams may also be thinking the same thing now, driving that competition for him (and price) back up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Yeah, woulda been nice to jump the market on that one.  Can't wait til Jurickson Profar gets 5-$100

Woof. I've long been a fan of Profar even after the prospect-luster has worn off, but even I'm resigned to the fact that he's the best we can reasonably expect as the consolation prize to this off-season.

• Like 1