2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

This just reeks of we have no strategy. There strategy is see what comes there way and react. 

Exactly. It’s pathetic. At least have a plan, and several back ups. I don’t understand how a team supposedly in the contention window thinks another GM is going to propose something to help the White Sox win.

• Like 4
  • Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Exactly. It’s pathetic. At least have a plan, and several back ups. I don’t understand how a team supposedly in the contention window thinks another GM is going to propose something to help the White Sox win.

Kenny at least always used to talk about his "big board" and targets they had. Kenny always got his guy was even stupidly annoying...but wtf is Hahn's MO? 

9 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This just reeks of we have no strategy. There strategy is see what comes there way and react. 

All of the Hahn quotes I've seen are telling.  They are 'open to change' aka trade, but are fully banking on guys bouncing back.  It's all just so lazy and uninspired.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

All of the Hahn quotes I've seen are telling.  They are 'open to change' aka trade, but are fully banking on guys bouncing back.  It's all just so lazy and uninspired.  

Yep. Fully expect Sheets and Eloy to share time in LF and DH.

They're just waiting for someone like Gallo to fall into their lap on a one year deal. Yuck. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yep. Fully expect Sheets and Eloy to share time in LF and DH.

They're just waiting for someone like Gallo to fall into their lap on a one year deal. Yuck. 

Yeah, waiting until the dust settles to do anything is a hell of a way to win fans back.

19 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

And what makes it worse is they never have a grasp on how the market will actually play out. So they sit there waiting to react to things that never happen. 

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Hendriks has to have value with how much relievers are getting paid. Liam is probably twice the reliever Jansen is. 

He always did, his contract and performance aren’t bad at all…no idea why people didn’t think he had any value. I don’t want to trade him, but trading Liam may very well be the best way to both free up $ and get value back for this team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I would to, if our defense did not suuuuck.  Sox pitchers have to K a bunch of guys to survive.

He was still pretty good on the Pirates and I don't think their defense was any better than ours.