2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

The only thing? He was above average defensively and offensively at catcher position last year

If you'd like to believe in his small sample size, by all means go for it, but I've followed him his whole minor league career and I would be FLOORED if what we saw last year was real. He is nothing special IMO. If he proves me wrong, I'll happily eat crow, but 178 AB's with a .400+ BABIP and a 30%+ K% is not even close to convincing me a 29 yr. old journeyman catcher has suddenly figured it out.

• Like 1

I love Perez but his game calling is a wild card. Last year when Cueto was down there all the players were talking about what a huge impact it had on Perez.

Seby…the pitchers have liked him since the jump.

Hes an impressive guy. Overcome a lot. Go Seb. Go Perez.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

If you’re trying to win-now, Ketel Marte or Lowe continue to make a ton of sense if you can get them for a package excluding Colas/Mongomery

If Lowe is that cheap, you probably don’t want him. The Rays would only give him away for scraps if they believed his back was permanently f***ed.

3 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

If you'd like to believe in his small sample size, by all means go for it, but I've followed him his whole minor league career and I would be FLOORED if what we saw last year was real. He is nothing special IMO. If he proves me wrong, I'll happily eat crow, but 178 AB's with a .400+ BABIP and a 30%+ K% is not even close to convincing me a 29 yr. old journeyman catcher has suddenly figured it out.

You may be right there, but that doesn’t mean his lack of an option is the only thing keeping him on the roster, as you stated. If he had busted, his lack of an option wouldn’t matter, therefore it can’t be the only thing keeping him on the roster