2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Is there a reason this guy’s tweets are being shared?  Is there any reason to believe he knows anything?

Nope just someone throwing the rumor out there cuz it’s a rumor. This lion fella throws s%*# at the wall everyday. He’s just another foodie account just on a larger scale than just White Sox

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Is there a reason this guy’s tweets are being shared?  Is there any reason to believe he knows anything?

There is zero reason to believe he knows anything.  I don’t mind it being shared for the sake of discussions and hypotheticals, as long as it’s not being posted as fact.  We all should know by now that these guys are all fake insiders. 

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

You guys thing those are random, you’ll love this:

If Sox are taking on Escobar and Mcann I would think they are giving up Grandal or something….otherwise can’t imagine they are just taking on that much payroll just to dump Leury.

• Like 1

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

If Sox are taking on Escobar and Mcann I would think they are giving up Grandal or something….otherwise can’t imagine they are just taking on that much payroll just to dump Leury.

That dude was on twitter live streams with Orlando/bartolos colonoscopy and the hot dog talking out their ass a couple weeks ago. Nothing to see here 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Yeah, it certainly seems like a lot of money coming to the Sox unless they start doing the very White Sox thing to do and start throwing prospects at the Mets to retain salary. 

57 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I swear I think this lion character is just someone from a group chat I'm in on their burner account running with a hypothetical trade that was being discussed like four hours ago. 

So you and your friends were just messing around on Baseball Trade Values huh? 

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Is there even a reason for the Sox to want McCann? The coaching staff when he was last here is pretty much all gone. What would make the FO think that they can fix him? 

Only reason I could think of is White Sox pitchers like throwing to him, especially Giolito.

37 minutes ago, chw42 said:

So you and your friends were just messing around on Baseball Trade Values huh? 

One person was perhaps. I said the deal stunk and I wouldn't do it because it didn't make sense. I was trying to provide some context as to why I believe it's bs, the timing of the discussion and says tweet(s) seemed very fishy to me. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold

2 hours ago, Sambuca said:

Only reason I could think of is White Sox pitchers like throwing to him, especially Giolito.

Giolito has gone on record many times saying there's things McCann sees that he does on the mound that helps him tremendously (tipping pitches, his follow through, him getting too amped up, etc). I can see McCann being that veteran presence for a guy like Kopech for example. Otherwise, that contract is definitely ugly.

8 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

You guys think those are random, you’ll love this:

I listened to about 20 minutes of one of FootlongComiskeyDog’s Twitter spaces and Happy Man was basically the only “guest” who talked.  Not surprised he’s attempting to be an aspiring foodie.  I’d put odds on this being accurate at like 0.000000000000001%.

8 hours ago, Vote4Pedro said:

That dude was on twitter live streams with Orlando/bartolos colonoscopy and the hot dog talking out their ass a couple weeks ago. Nothing to see here 

Yup, I wonder if Happy Man is a Soxtalk poster.  We already outed Mahoney & Orlando as foodies and you got to think other desperate, attention seeking losers would leverage Soxtalk to draw attention to fake insider accounts.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, I wonder if Happy Man is a Soxtalk poster.  We already outed Mahoney & Orlando as foodies and you got to think other desperate, attention seeking losers would leverage Soxtalk to draw attention to fake insider accounts.

What happened with the Malooney guy?