2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Jeff Mcneil doesn't make very much thou. MLB Trade rumors estimates 6.3MM.

Definitely less than the 10MM escobar makes.

You know what's more likely all.

They will have to dump Escobar & McCann and potentially more . If they truly want Hendricks as rumored, conversation has to start with McNeil imo. I still think Correa signs with Giants anyways, so all moot speculation

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

They will have to dump Escobar & McCann and potentially more . If they truly want Hendricks as rumored, conversation has to start with McNeil imo. I still think Correa signs with Giants anyways, so all moot speculation

I'm just saying if you try to dump salary you typically start on the higher salary players not the lower, affordable players. Mcneil would be pretty far down the list for them unless we consume mccann for the pleasure.

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

as they should be. for how much Sox fans want to complain about this off-season...theirs is absolutely comically bad. 

What's so bad about it? Relatively inactive, sure, but Vazquez is a nice fit for them and Gallo has been very comparable to Benintendi (slightly better than Beni overall, but worse lately) on a holistic (WAR) basis throughout his career

15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

What's so bad about it? Relatively inactive, sure, but Vazquez is a nice fit for them and Gallo has been very comparable to Benintendi (slightly better than Beni overall, but worse lately) on a holistic (WAR) basis throughout his career

I would have rather the Sox signed Gallo to his deal than Benintendi to his. 

Sox brass is just in love with Benintendi, that's all I've got. I'm not surprised the Sox acquired him, but what was surprising is that they didn't when Boston made him available. 

32 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I would have rather the Sox signed Gallo to his deal than Benintendi to his. 

Sox brass is just in love with Benintendi, that's all I've got. I'm not surprised the Sox acquired him, but what was surprising is that they didn't when Boston made him available. 

Have to hope it works out as well as KW White Whale Javier Vazquez ($12M AAV, 4.03 bWAR per season).

3 hours ago, bmags said:

it is this reason why I think sox try to do a grandal/perez swap 

Counting on Grandal is like telling a guy with a brain tumor to play through it. Enjoy counting your money my friend.