Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey

Harry Chappas

The cubs are having the same issue as the Blackhawks.  Jack your prices up and then when the product is not championship caliber you lose people.

The flip side of that is the Sox have low prices and when they then raise them all hell breaks loose. 

I have a 20 game plan in the upper deck and my plan decreased by 10%. 

The price is based on what is charged for premium games and the number of games you have.

• Like 1

I wish him the best. 

Was a firm believer that a good manager could come from anywhere, as evidenced by a whole lot. Really wanted Kevin Long but it was pretty much just for Eloy. Would pay upwards of Leury Garcia's salary to poach kevin long.

However:

- If he cannot sack joe mcewing and dbo then I already hate him, sorry pedro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't know much about him.  Maybe he will be a great manager.  I just find it ironic that Hahn said he wants to hire someone with recent experience from a winning organization, then they hire someone from a losing organization that just passed him over for their own managerial opening.  

You just have to laugh at this organization.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 5

2 minutes ago, MysterySource5000 said:

Where does Grifol fall as far as analytics goes?

I don't think that even matters at this point.  Everyone is just going to be happy that JR didn't hijack the hire this time around. 

Since so much faith should be warranted and placed on Rick Hahn. 

this is an outside the box pick. He obviously did well in his interview. Not the typical right hand man for a contender. We don't know most of these guys anyway. He isn't Tony, and not part of the family, and there were several who would probably work as cheaply. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Quin changed the title to Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic