Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey

Harry Chappas

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This is very promising

Except for the fact the sox have a tiny analytics department and invest poorly there and rick hahn and company were recently offering 65k for a Data engineer. 

Listening to analytics is good, assuming you have good analytics to listen too.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Except for the fact the sox have a tiny analytics department and invest poorly there and rick hahn and company were recently offering 65k for a Data engineer

Listening to analytics is good, assuming you have good analytics to listen too.

That is painfully low unless they're asking for entry level people. Even then, that's like half of what people can make out of college these days in the software industry. 

12 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

At this point i'm just glad that LaRussa is gone, and that it's not Guillén . wonder how different things might have been, if Grifol had started the 2022 season.

They maybe win 3 or 4 more games. Wish Tony was THE Problem, but he was only A Problem

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mqr said:

They maybe win 3 or 4 more games. Wish Tony was THE Problem, but he was only A Problem

I think they could have been a bit better than that.  But, yes, there were many problems.  Grifol needs to come in and say, "Look assholes, what happened last year will never happen again.  Get your s%*# together."

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Moncada and Grandal were the biggest problems last year. They put together maybe 1 WAR last year when the projections expected 7-8 out of them. That's a 7 win difference alone right there. 

• Like 1

Just now, hogan873 said:

I think they could have been a bit better than that.  But, yes, there were many problems.  Grifol needs to come in and say, "Look assholes, what happened last year will never happen again.  Get your s%*# together."

Go back and watch Giolito on the Chris Rose podcast last week.  It’s embarrassing to hear how complacent the team was.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That is painfully low unless they're asking for entry level people. Even then, that's like half of what people can make out of college these days in the software industry. 

I wasn't making much more than that just a few years ago when I was working in Chicago.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Quin changed the title to Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic