Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey

Harry Chappas

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

So we hire a manager that's good at analyzing shifts the year MLB outlaws them.

You can look at it like that, or view it as a guy that understands what the nerds are telling him. 

Edited by mqr

I think its safe to say that Hahn will no longer be with the organization after 2024 if they fail to reach the playoffs under Grifol's first 2 seasons. This hire is fine...but it's not what RH himself promised, and its not inspiring for a team aspiring to win "multiple championships" as he stated. FML. At least Tony is gone...but why go from a senior that has reputation to a freshmen that may not even have seen a dick before...

Edited by EloyJenkins

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Oh Foodies you are so fun 

CC: Maloney, Adam

You would think certain accounts would get one right just by purely guessing. I could say right now “sources tell me Benintendi is Sox main focus in free agency” as a guess and if it’s right, would brag how I was correct.

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

I think its safe to say that Hahn will no longer be with the organization after 2024 if they fail to reach the playoffs under Grifol's first 2 seasons. This hire is fine...but it's bit what RH himself promised, and its not inspiring for a team aspiring to win "multiple championships" as he stated. FML. At least Tony is gone...but why go from a 5 that has reputation to a freshmen that may not even have seen a dick before...

Good I want Hahn to do the opposite of whatever he thinks he wants

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

You would think certain accounts would get one right just by purely guessing. I could say right now “sources tell me Benintendi is Sox main focus in free agency” as a guess and if it’s right, would brag how I was correct.

Read those Tea Leaves…

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

I think its safe to say that Hahn will no longer be with the organization after 2024 if they fail to reach the playoffs under Grifol's first 2 seasons. This hire is fine...but it's bit what RH himself promised, and its not inspiring for a team aspiring to win "multiple championships" as he stated. FML. At least Tony is gone...but why go from a 5 that has reputation to a freshmen that may not even have seen a dick before...

I would have thought it safe to say that Rick Hahn would no longer be with the organization if they spent $195 million this year and wound up at .500, but take a look.

I don't think I can confidently say that Rick Hahn's job would be in jeopardy if he executed a box of puppies with a flame thrower in the middle of Michigan Avenue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I would have thought it safe to say that Rick Hahn would no longer be with the organization if they spent $195 million this year and wound up at .500, but take a look.

I don't think I can confidently say that Rick Hahn's job would be in jeopardy if he executed a box of puppies with a flame thrower in the middle of Michigan Avenue. 

Of course not, it was Kenny’s influence that caused him to kill those puppies

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Dr Oz is still viable, so that checks out.

25 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That is painfully low unless they're asking for entry level people. Even then, that's like half of what people can make out of college these days in the software industry. 

I got sent the job posting by some friends/family. To be fair I don't believe that was the total comp package but it's a massive pay cut for anyone good at that job. But hey, I'd get to work in baseball which makes My bills go away I guess.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

31 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Anyone know if Grifol has thoughts on a hitting coach?  Menechino has to be gone, right?

I was told by a source that Menechino has already been told he's not returning.

This is an interesting hire, we'll see what happens. he checks a lot of the boxes that Hahn talked about in his press conference although one he doesn't check is "coming from a winning organization."

And as CBS Sportsline wrote this morning he faced great challenges:

"Grifol stands to inherit a roster with a solid core but questionable depth and a similarly questionable commitment on the part of ownership to make substantial improvements." 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think the sadder thing about the foodies is how many people on Twitter ask them real questions and then defend them and/or get defensive when others point out they're frauds. The internet is a sad place 

The same thing is happening in this country regarding things that are much more important. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That is painfully low unless they're asking for entry level people. Even then, that's like half of what people can make out of college these days in the software industry. 

It's low, but major league teams offer trash salaries in many of their roles because so many people would still take it to work for a MLB team.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I got sent the job posting by some friends/family. To be fair I don't believe that was the total comp package but it's a massive pay cut for anyone good at that job. But hey, I'd get to work in baseball which makes My bills go away I guess.

The whole mystique of baseball is supposed to make up for the salary. 

• Like 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Quin changed the title to Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic