Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey

Harry Chappas

49 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

What about Daryl Boston?   

Supposedly Jerry told his parents he would take care of him when they signed him to his first contract as an 18 year old teenager, but please say NO.

I often watch other teams 1st base coach since I sit on the 1B side and most teams coaches are constantly instructing runners on the situation.  All I see Daryl do is collect their gear and give them a pat.  He has to go.

One may think 1B coach is not as important as a 3B coach but I disagree.

29 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think it is good that the white sox did not make a "superstar" manager hire, and will have one integrated with the process of the rest of the org (including maybe outside hires of his own to put his stamp on development).

I don't think the rest of the org is strong, but I do think Getz more than anyone has tinkered constantly with PD and it's a step forward.

I just have a hard time believing Eloy won't have one monster season in his career. Please let it happen where we have some chance of competing and not just to get us a handful of prospects.

I just have a hard time believing Eloy won't get injured and miss significant time.

If he manages to stay healthy (please at DH only) then we could be in for fireworks.

• Quin changed the title to Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey