Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey

Harry Chappas

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I'm guessing his health probably played a role in that. The Sox absolutely killed starters in 2021. So either we got lucky all year in 2021 or there was some planning going into 2021, but not so much in 2022. 

We don't know what health problem he was diagnosed with in February, nor did we know about the heart issue. But it seems abundantly clear he should have resigned in February when diagnosed. He stated that the health issue didn't affect him this year but it obviously did.  And JR should have taken care of it when it became obvious. He was a totally different person this year than last.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Just curious:  Are you just annoyed at that choice of words to describe Grifol?  Or do you not like the hire?

Honestly I’m just so fed up with the organization and due to their track record I don’t think they deserve the benefit of the doubt with anything they do. 

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

Honestly I’m just so fed up with the organization and due to their track record I don’t think they deserve the benefit of the doubt with anything they do. 

That's fair.  I am cautiously optimistic with the Grifol hire.

But I tend to be a glass half-full kind of guy, and I am already getting excited for next season.

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

That was my knee jerk reaction to his hiring too, but the more I dig in the more I like him.  I’m quite impressed with him in this presser.  We just have to hope that he implements everything he’s talking about and it’s not just talk.  This is a breath of fresh air vs past hires, so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me. 

27 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

A member of one of the worst organizations in baseball over the past 7 years would be more accurate than hanging on to “achievements” 8 years ago. Wasn’t he just a catching coach also during that time? 

I don't really think World Series rings or pennants are the kinds of *achievements that need scare quotes. Even if they date from the ancient mid- twenty- teens, before many posters even had iPhone 10s

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

4 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

So it sounds like TLR essentially woke up from a nap, haphazardly put together a lineup, stood around on the field during batting practice (most likely achieving some standing naps), and then napped in the dugout.

I will miss Cairo's A+ penmanship for those lineups.

• Quin changed the title to Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey