Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey

Harry Chappas

• Quin changed the title to Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey
19 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Not only that but then to play him in multiple positions he hadn't played recently put a ton of pressure on him.

I agree with a comment earlier that his second half tiring is because he doesn't have the legs to play the outfield.  He's a gamer and will give it his all, but he makes average plays looks spectacular.  I like the guy but the Sox didn't do him any good by bringing him up early only to play him out at multiple positions but not the one he was drafted for. 

Ironic with all the DHs they are short on lefty offensive beef along with the concrete gloves. Kind of amazing. That should be on Hahn Solo's resume. 

6 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Man they are really pushing the PR with this guy, trying to distract everyone that they cancelled Soxfest!!

It's moreso about not spending money this winter I think. All we needed was a manager who brings energy and communication to win the WS. The players and their roster fit are perfectly fine. 

37 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It's moreso about not spending money this winter I think. All we needed was a manager who brings energy and communication to win the WS. The players and their roster fit are perfectly fine. 

Unfortunately I don’t think this roster construction is a World Series caliber team. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

One has nothing to do with the other.  

definition of  "gamer" a person known for consistently making a strong effort.

"he's a gamer, always ready to go that extra mile"

it has nothing to do with how fast you are.

more contradiction