Pedro Grifol named White Sox manager; Katz asked to return per Rosey

Harry Chappas

21 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Yeah, joke’s on me for expecting anything different.  So much for the rest of the old staff not being asked back. 

Ehhh. I’d prefer Boston be gone but he’s a 1B coach. It’s not exactly an earth shattering position. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ehhh. I’d prefer Boston be gone but he’s a 1B coach. It’s not exactly an earth shattering position. 

Well I’d prefer a coach who actually took the initiative to ya know… help coach the players rather than stand at first like a statue…. oh and he has been accused of rape. 

3 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

That’s why I said accused. And there’s a reason why polygraphs are not admissible in court in most states. 

So anyone accused of anything shouldn't be able to work. Got it.

If you ever read the story you will see where there are some cracks. Her friend who she swapped Darling and Cone on the same night sort of remained neutral. She did give DBo and Vince Coleman kisses goodbye when she left. Could be a coping mechanism,  could be someone got a bit overserved and did something they regretted. I don't know. But to say Boston is a bad guy without really knowing what happened is a reach. I am all for victims rights. But these guys weren't charged and yet many are  disgusted Daryl Boston has anything to do with the White Sox.  That's crazy to me. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If you ever read the story you will see where there are some cracks. Her friend who she swapped Darling and Cone on the same night sort of remained neutral. She did give DBo and Vince Coleman kisses goodbye when she left. Could be a coping mechanism,  could be someone got a bit overserved and did something they regretted. I don't know. But to say Boston is a bad guy without really knowing what happened is a reach. I am all for victims rights. But these guys weren't charged and yet many are  disgusted Daryl Boston has anything to do with the White Sox.  That's crazy to me. 

Forget the rape accusations if you will. But with the well known lackadaisical culture of the team last year, any coach that didn't prove themselves to be superb at their job (like Ethan Katz for example), by default should not return in my opinion.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Forget the rape accusations if you will. But with the well known lackadaisical culture of the team last year, any coach that didn't prove themselves to be superb at their job (like Ethan Katz for example), by default should not return in my opinion.

Yup, not sure his coaching resume warrants continued employment under a new manager.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, not sure his coaching resume warrants continued employment under a new manager.

A case can be made for that. I just think it’s time to move on from the rape allegation. The accuser has been dead for a decade and the accusation was 30 years ago with no charge. Nothing new is coming down the road.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

A case can be made for that. I just think it’s time to move on from the rape allegation. The accuser has been dead for a decade and the accusation was 30 years ago with no charge. Nothing new is coming down the road.

I also see no reason why we should move on from that. “This person did not take detailed enough notes during a traumatic experience to satisfy me so I’m going to judge their behavior” has long been a way that men get away with rape with no consequences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I’d prefer an employee of a major league franchise I watch to not only be a good coach, which he is not, but also not have the cloud of previous rape allegations. Just imo. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The cloud is figment of your imagination. 

Yeah, you don’t know that.  We have no evidence that Boston is even good at whatever his job responsibilities actually are on and off the field, but the impetus to defend him against sexual assault allegations is curious.  What actually drives you to defend him?

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Yeah, you don’t know that.  We have no evidence that Boston is even good at whatever his job responsibilities actually are on and off the field, but the impetus to defend him against sexual assault allegations is curious.  What actually drives you to defend him?

I'm not. I am pointing out he was never charged. His accuser failed a lie detector, made the bed, kissed him goodbye, and it was 30 years ago. There is a pretty decent chance he's not quilts of anything other than being horny  of .which he had a big reputation . Why there should be some cloud hanging over him now issilly. Funny, no one here said anything about it when Vince Coleman who is a known asshole, came to the Sox as a baserunning instructor.  I guess the key is to determine how good you are at a job before determining if questionable things that were alleged should have DQd you in the first place. Not necessary rape, but have you been accused ever of doing something you didn't do? It does happen.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Victims of assault don’t have to luxury to just move on from devastating life altering trauma.  Trauma that never actually goes away.  

49 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I'm not. I am pointing out he was never charged. His accuser failed a lie detector, made the bed, kissed him goodbye, and it was 30 years ago. There is a pretty decent chance he's not quilts of anything other than being horny  of .which he had a big reputation . Why there should be some cloud hanging over him now issilly. Funny, no one here said anything about it when Vince Coleman who is a known asshole, came to the Sox as a baserunning instructor.  I guess the key is to determine how good you are at a job before determining if questionable things that were alleged should have DQd you in the first place. Not necessary rape, but have you been accused ever of doing something you didn't do? It does happen.

But this whole diatribe is asking us to dismiss allegations that have never really gone away because it’s inconvenient to continually reconcile with them.  Men simply being horny really isn’t an excuse either. 

21 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Victims of assault don’t have to luxury to just move on from devastating life altering trauma.  Trauma that never actually goes away.  

But this whole diatribe is asking us to dismiss allegations that have never really gone away because it’s inconvenient to continually reconcile with them.  Men simply being horny really isn’t an excuse either. 

They have gone away except for people that think he's a bad coach. If he was known as the greatest 1B coach and OF instructor, you probably wouldn't think twice about a crime for which he was never charged. He wasn't sued. Nothing. 

Other than your opinion that he's a bad baseball coach, what other proof do you have that he is guilty?

Vince Coleman was with him. Same accusations.  When he became a White Sox baserunning instructor, no one mentioned the infamous cloud.

Edited by Dick Allen