Tosar hired as Hitting Coach

bmags

Although he wasn’t the full hitting coach, the overall Royals launch angle the last 2 years has been 12.8 degrees; very consistent year to year and in the middle of the pack.

The White Sox have had one of the lowest launch angles in baseball consistently over the entire statcast era and across two hitting coaches, so this is a statistic I hope to see change.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• bmags changed the title to Tosar hired as Hitting Coach
46 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Yup! Not sure why we are pulling so many resources from one of the worst teams over the past 7 years. Just my opinion!

Good coaches can be found on bad teams. You're only as good as the talent.  Bill Belicheck was a terrible coach in Cleveland before he became one of the best ever. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

Good coaches can be found on bad teams. You're only as good as the talent.  Bill Belicheck was a terrible coach in Cleveland before he became one of the best ever. 

Yes and i can’t wait until Menechino gets hired somewhere and articles come out saying how he led the White Sox to having one of the highest batting averages in the league. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Yes and i can’t wait until Menechino gets hired somewhere and articles come out saying how he led the White Sox to having one of the highest batting averages in the league. 

He did objectively lead the Sox to having the highest batting average in the league.

That emphasis is literally what made him a failure.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1