AJ Pollock declines option, becomes FA

Sleepy Harold

16 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Hahn will have almost $40 million to spend again. Let's hope he doesn't f*** it up like he did last off-season. 

Maybe - just maaaaaybe… he’ll have a chance and succeed in showing himself as a no longer castrated puppy. 

34 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Maybe both are gone. Benetti is very in-demand and Stone was gone for large portions of the season. McKnight probably covers radio and we end up with Len and DJ on TV. 

IF it ever happened that Stone and Benetti were gone then PLEASE no Ozzie on TV!!

5 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

Colas better be the #1 option for RF...

Hopefully the war room is now deciding on who gets the best offer between Benintendi, Conforto, Profar, Pederson for LF. But I can also see the Sox saving money by rolling out Cespedes/Eloy in LF for 2023.

Cespedes likely takes Engels roles if at all - and I don't think he is anything even close to being ready yet. Sox will be lucky to get anything more than a 4th OF'er out of him.

2 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

Colas better be the #1 option for RF...

Hopefully the war room is now deciding on who gets the best offer between Benintendi, Conforto, Profar, Pederson for LF. But I can also see the Sox saving money by rolling out Cespedes/Eloy in LF for 2023.

I'm not going to rule out the White Sox doing anything just because it's dumb, but boy I hope they don't count on a guy who can't play the field or stay healthy or a guy who struck out 30% of the time at AA as their main OFs for a substantial stretch next year. 

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Very surprising.  I guess a $8M contract would be a washout.  However I don’t think he can get $8M.  Regardless it is good news.  Hahn has now got to get moving to get that lefty OF that we need.

I keep seeing this, but if Spanky could get 1/$8M from us after a rough season so could Pollock.  Dude was legit good in 2021 and still crushed LHP last year.

• Thanks 1

Didn't read through all the posts, so someone may have already said this, but my guess is the Sox told Pollock that he was at best going to be the weak half of a platoon and if he wants to maximize his future earnings, he'd do better to go somewhere he can be a full time starter, even if it means he makes less in 2023.