Jump to content

Jim Bowden: Sox top 5 likeliest to sign judge


bmags
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Oh no, Sox fans will eat this up so easily.    Time to go follow all the foodie accounts for 👀.

Then pitchforks and torches when he signs elsewhere.   "We were lied to again" 

No. Those guys (guy?) base 99% of their posts on what they read on this board. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

😊😊😊😊☺☺☺☺☺😅😅😅😅😅😂😂😂😂😀😀😀😀😀😄😄😄😄🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Hey… that’s my job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Unless the Sox have finally learned some PR - undersell the fans and press. Set expectations low - than come in and surprise.  In all honesty - way smarter than what they did the past 2-3 years where they rised off-season expectations only to sign all the relievers.  

Yeah hoping for an out of the blue signing like we did with Yaz a few years ago but doubt that will happen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

How much crack is required to even think that idea.  Of course JR probably created that rumor.  It was like when he was serious about signing Roger Clemens when he was a Red Sox.

Somehow if they got Judge he would go on the IL. 

Actually JR wasn't involved in the Clemens situation.

After the Sox signed Albert Belle to the largest deal in history, Clemens' agents, the Hendricks brothers, reached out to Sox G.M. Ron Schueler to let him know Clemens would be interested in playing for the club. 

Schueler wasn't interested making the comment, "Clemens is over the hill" and he signed with Toronto.

Instead the Sox signed Jamie Navarro to a four year deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Actually JR wasn't involved in the Clemens situation.

After the Sox signed Albert Belle to the largest deal in history, Clemens' agents, the Hendricks brothers, reached out to Sox G.M. Ron Schueler to let him know Clemens would be interested in playing for the club. 

Schueler wasn't interested making the comment, "Clemens is over the hill" and he signed with Toronto.

Instead the Sox signed Jamie Navarro to a four year deal.

I wonder if "over the hill" in Schu-ese translates loosely to "on the juice"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

And I remember Jamie Navarro, I just don't remember if he was any good.

I don't boo White Sox  players, no matter how awful they are, but I booed Navarro. A total bum. He once complained after a game about run support. He gave up 9 runs. Schueler did get redemption though. He traded him for Eldred and Valentin. I can't believe the Brewers fell for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't boo White Sox  players, no matter how awful they are, but I booed Navarro. A total bum. He once complained after a game about run support. He gave up 9 runs. Schueler did get redemption though. He traded him for Eldred and Valentin. I can't believe the Brewers fell for it.


That's what I remember.  Great trade.  Jaime needed a third pitch, among other things.  Fastball, slider and nothing else of any use.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sure, Jim, that’s exactly in the Sox’ offseason plan.

First, cancel the annual fan fest.  

Second, make the most spectacular free agent signing in the team’s history, and then have no forum on which to show him off and take a bow.  

Reinsdorf showed up at the Soxfest after the Belle signing.  Do the math, Jim.   

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2022 at 3:40 PM, JoeCredeYes said:

I suspect Judge was receiving the benefit of non-humidor balls all year so the MLB could push the HR chase.  When comparing annual HR leaders vs the 2nd place guy, Judge put up a historic variance.  I did the math from 1970-2022, Judge's season represents the biggest variance in that window from HR leader to 2nd place guy, at a whopping 34.78% increase from the 2nd place batter.  Only other instance with a 30% or greater variance was 1989.  Judge is great, but something is fishy about his past season. 

Since Alcantara had more complete games than most other entire teams I guess that means he was ONLY using humidor balls.  Judge’s accomplishment should not be diminished by your cynicism.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ozzie’s Cuban Cigar said:

Since Alcantara had more complete games than most other entire teams I guess that means he was ONLY using humidor balls.  Judge’s accomplishment should not be diminished by your cynicism.  

While I tend to agree with your post, any baseball fan should be cynical. Sosa - Mac turns out to be a juice fest. Bonds was the best player illegal drugs could produce. Smash brothers were sticking needles in each other's asses. The Astros were banging garbage cans and adjusting the AC system.  How do you trust anyone isn't getting the benefit of cheating? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...