Thread with updates on who accepted/rejected Q.O.

bmags

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Good signing for the Angels. Their rotation is actually interesting next year. Jose Suarez and Patrick Sandoval were both good last year. 

If you believe in Tyler Anderson.  That's a guy I'd have hated to sign.  But I guess I don't know the contract yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

If you believe in Tyler Anderson.  That's a guy I'd have hated to sign.  But I guess I don't know the contract yet.

He's shown that he's at least an average starter the last 3 seasons once he got out of Colorado. I don't expect him to replicate last year but I don't think it's a stretch to say he's a 2.5 WAR type pitcher. 

Edited by chw42

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

He's shown that he's at least an average starter the last 3 seasons once he got out of Colorado. I don't expect him to replicate last year but I don't think it's a stretch to say he's a 2.5 WAR type pitcher. 

3/39 is much better than i expected.  Worth the risk at that price imo.

16 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It opened last week I believe. After the 5 day window after the World Series when free agents could only sign with their former team.

Unless a guy is a lock to get a QO, he isn't going to get an offer from another team until after QO day. Otherwise the team losing the guy could just offer a QO after he's already signed somewhere else.

Maybe starting tomorrow the titled can be changed to non tendered players. Betwen the non tendered and guys DFA'd on the 14th or 15th we should begin to see more action.

Hoping the Sox can either work something out with the Dbacks and Reds for Stone Garrett and Arestides Aquino for possible MLB OF depth or Charlotte. Both good players with lots of pop.

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Maybe starting tomorrow the titled can be changed to non tendered players. Betwen the non tendered and guys DFA'd on the 14th or 15th we should begin to see more action.

Hoping the Sox can either work something out with the Dbacks and Reds for Stone Garrett and Arestides Aquino for possible MLB OF depth or Charlotte. Both good players with lots of pop.

Keep trying to will this into the universe. I'm sold on Garrett as depth haha

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Aquino can’t hit LHP. Great arm though 

Which is strange for a RHH but basically can't hit any pitching  and Career OPS .100 less against RHP. But for a minor league depth piece with light tower power and decent fielder with a strong arm  at least he's not a guy with out any tools except power. Those types even at 29 yrs old can find the right swing or something and then they become very valuable. He punishes mistakes 1HR every 26 AB with the Reds last year.