Favorite Sox jersey

southsider2k5

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I might  be the only out there, but I hate the 83's.  I love the late 80's, and obviously no one else in baseball has a better color scheme than 1990+.  The connect jersies are the best in baseball.

Never was a fan of the 83 uniform. I always thought they looked like space suits. I love the black tops, but they wear them way too often.

Nope, I HATE the '83s as well. It's like a street sign....

I love the 1917 jerseys with the flag on the sleeve. I also love the SOX logos that place the O and X within the S like in my avatar.

I like the '59s with the large sleeve logo too. (AJ's walk off in those uniforms is a great memory.)

Their current jerseys are solid. Their road greys might be the best in the MLB if they would just bring the Diamond Sox logo back to the sleeve.

Their City Connects are probably the best out there from that collection but I feel they could be improved a bit.

These were the best followed by the current units which we’ve had since 1991.

The 1971s were good but thought they were better for the Red Sox.

I hated the 1976-1981 and the 81-86, horrible unis.

One of my big wishes is MLB players all wore their uniforms alike, after all they are called uniforms, they should all have the same colored shoes and I wish they went back to the stirrups, straight long pants look sloppy.

8B59E7DA-904B-4AF9-A5EC-B685036E0C2F.jpeg

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2

Currents are the best and one of the all-time best.

'59s are great.

Late 80s are under appreciated. 

Echoing the grays are great when they have the diamond logo.

City Connect is top tier. Originally it was just the Sox and Miami, now they've got teams like Washington joining them.

The '83s are overdone but I don't hate them. I think they should rotate historical alternates on Sundays.

# 5.  I get a lot of nice feedback from other fans at the ballpark when I have worn my '47 tshirt based on the 1971-1975 road jersey and I am a bit vain so I will go with that one.

Not on the list above, but I like the red pinstripes and love the red hat that goes with those uniforms from the '70s.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Currents are the best and one of the all-time best.

'59s are great.

Late 80s are under appreciated. 

Echoing the grays are great when they have the diamond logo.

City Connect is top tier. Originally it was just the Sox and Miami, now they've got teams like Washington joining them.

The '83s are overdone but I don't hate them. I think they should rotate historical alternates on Sundays.

Boston was the first team.

I like #3 a lot, both light and dark. That goes back to me being real young kid and becoming a Sox fan.

The 83's I like a lot more now, than I did back then. We used to call them the license plate jerseys. But as others have said, they've been overdone and its probably time to retire them for a decade or two.

The 87-90's are the worst of the bunch. Just a terribly generic uniform.

5 hours ago, Sarava said:

I like #3 a lot, both light and dark. That goes back to me being real young kid and becoming a Sox fan.

The 83's I like a lot more now, than I did back then. We used to call them the license plate jerseys. But as others have said, they've been overdone and its probably time to retire them for a decade or two.

The 87-90's are the worst of the bunch. Just a terribly generic uniform.

Jeff Torborg told me the 87-90 uniforms were the idea of JR, he loved the "Dodger script." Jeff said when he became manager he started working on JR to get him to change them' that only the Dodgers could pull off that look.

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Jeff Torborg told me the 87-90 uniforms were the idea of JR, he loved the "Dodger script." Jeff said when he became manager he started working on JR to get him to change them' that only the Dodgers could pull off that look.

Interesting and it makes sense since Reinsdorf grew up a Brooklyn Dodgers fan. Too bad he didn't buy the Dodgers instead of the Sox.