Favorite Sox jersey

southsider2k5

23 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I might  be the only out there, but I hate the 83's.  I love the late 80's, and obviously no one else in baseball has a better color scheme than 1990+.  The connect jersies are the best in baseball.

I really liked the 83s when they first brought them back, but it’s time to retire them again IMO.  Or at least give us an update with similar branding but way less ugly.  Either way it’s time for a new regular alternate. 

• Like 1

The current home jerseys are a classic that I hope never goes away, same with the road greys.  But bring back the diamond sock damnit!  I do love the black tops but they are used a bit too often.

The 1959 hat logo is my absolute favourite followed by the 1917.  I’d love if they went with the Field of Dreams unis as the Sunday alts.  Just retire the 83s already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

The current home jerseys are a classic that I hope never goes away, same with the road greys.  But bring back the diamond sock damnit!  I do love the black tops but they are used a bit too often.

The 1959 hat logo is my absolute favourite followed by the 1917.  I’d love if they went with the Field of Dreams unis as the Sunday alts.  Just retire the 83s already. 

Yup. They really gotta balance out the home and alternates a bit more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

The M is all wrong.  Feels like they stole it from Miami.

Agree.  This uniform redesign just feels totally unnecessary.  I thought the gold-lined letters they introduced just a few years back were unique and really great -- they really popped on the dark blue unis in particular.  Not sure why they got rid of those so quickly.  All the new options are fine, but a downgrade from their current unis imo.  And the M looks like Miami as stated above.

I love the gray road unis, the black alternates, and the City Connects.  The current uniform combos are their best ever.  Always hated the '80s beach blanket unis, even more now that they're so overused.  I REALLY hated the vests that I understand some posters love -- I call them the Ligue Jerseys.  The Dick Allen reds, '68 blues, and Field of Dreams unis are all solid throwbacks.

I've seen this M / Miami comment a few times. I don't see it at all. From 2012-2018 is was an art deco like M with a stylized Marlin. The current M is italicized with a Marlin. These look nothing like the new twins "M"

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I really liked the 83s when they first brought them back, but it’s time to retire them again IMO.  Or at least give us an update with similar branding but way less ugly.  Either way it’s time for a new regular alternate. 

Sox were first to wear pastel blues in the 60's so wear them at home like other teams do. Dick Allen looked great in them. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 2:04 PM, wegner said:

# 5.  I get a lot of nice feedback from other fans at the ballpark when I have worn my '47 tshirt based on the 1971-1975 road jersey and I am a bit vain so I will go with that one.

Not on the list above, but I like the red pinstripes and love the red hat that goes with those uniforms from the '70s.

Yes, those are my favorites as well. I've never purchased a Reinsdorf era jersey/cap (1980-current uniforms).  Still have my 1976-1980 Sox cap, but it's retired (both personally and appearantly not even for sale anymore).

I only wear / purchase the 1971-1975 red cap with white lettering. The caps were previously sold under the Cooperstown Classic series, but are now sold under the New Era brand. I don't like any combination of black/dark navy blue with red and white. The only red/white/blue combo I'll wear across any sport are Montreal related (Expos and Canadians).

Looking at the historic lettering on the White Sox website, I also like the 1932-1935 home logo.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/history/logos-and-uniforms

lkecqnupwqtemtx4kxq7.jpg

Favorite home uniform:

dick-allen.webp

Favorite Road Uniform:

4486342c9d63e1b836812c8471e282b0.jpg

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, those are my favorites as well. I've never purchased a Reinsdorf era jersey/cap (1980-current uniforms).  Still have my 1976-1980 Sox cap, but it's retired (both personally and appearantly not even for sale anymore).

I only wear / purchase the 1971-1975 red cap with white lettering. The caps were previously sold under the Cooperstown Classic series, but are now sold under the New Era brand. I don't like any combination of black/dark navy blue with red and white. The only red/white/blue combo I'll wear across any sport are Montreal related (Expos and Canadians).

Looking at the historic lettering on the White Sox website, I also like the 1932-1935 home logo.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/history/logos-and-uniforms

lkecqnupwqtemtx4kxq7.jpg

Favorite home uniform:

dick-allen.webp

Favorite Road Uniform:

4486342c9d63e1b836812c8471e282b0.jpg

And Mr Allen makes em look extra good.

Love that 1932-1935 logo too....great call.