23 HOF ballot announced

southsider2k5

Rolen, Helton, Kent, Rollins, Buehrle, Hunter, Beltran

I guess if enough voters wanted Andruw Jones and Billy Wagner, I’d vote for them too.

Arod, Sheffield, Manny…nah

Tim Hudson shouldn’t have fallen off the ballot last year.

I’m losing interest in this.

The committee vote will be announced 12/4. Hopefully McGriff gets in. Clemens and Bonds (and Schilling), should be interesting.

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

I guess if enough voters wanted Andruw Jones and Billy Wagner, I’d vote for them too.

The committee vote will be announced 12/4. Hopefully McGriff gets in. Clemens and Bonds (and Schilling), should be interesting.

I could be convinced on Helton and Rolen and I really want to see Buehrke get some love from the writers but, all in all, a pretty weak list, especially since known roid users will be blocked.

You are right, though. The committees are where it gets interesting and will be for a while.

6 hours ago, flavum said:

I know Schilling is a douche, but he should get in. He was a great pitcher. Lots of athletes are jerks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Committee vote is being announced Sunday night on MLB Network. 

Belle, Bonds, Clemens, Mattingly, McGriff, Murphy, Palmeiro, Schilling are on the ballot.

The voters are Paul Beeston, Theo Epstein, Steve Hirdt, Chipper Jones, Greg Maddux, Arte Moreno, Kim Ng, Jack Morris, LaVelle Neal, Ryne Sandberg, Susan Slusser, Lee Smith, Dave St Peter, Alan Trammell, Frank Thomas, Ken Williams

12 out of 16 get you in. Fred McGriff is a no-doubter. I’d be fine with anyone except Belle and Palmeiro. 

On 11/23/2022 at 9:39 AM, knightni said:

I'm not going to stand on my high horse. I don't mind the PED players being let in.

I do. rewarding cheating bums stinks. the only one i'd let in is bonds. he was truly great before he cheated. sosa and mcguire pushed him over the edge.

Contemporary Baseball Era Ballot:

• Bonds
  • Clemens
  • Palmeiro
  • Schilling

BBWAA Ballot

• Rodriguez
  • Rolen

Additional Players I would vote for if/when eligible:

• Allen #
  • Beltre
  • Cabrera
  • Greinke
  • Jackson #
  • Kershaw
  • Mauer
  • Pujols
  • Rose
  • Scherzer 
  • Trout
  • Verlander

# - Played for the Chicago White Sox

On 11/29/2022 at 6:40 PM, zisk said:

I do. rewarding cheating bums stinks. the only one i'd let in is bonds. he was truly great before he cheated. sosa and mcguire pushed him over the edge.

Mike Piazza, David Ortiz, and Ivan Rodriguez are already in, so the point is moot.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Jeff Kent seems like the new McGriff to me. Alltime homer leader at 2B with an MVP. The voters are missing on him. It’s shameful they’re still in a position of putting elderly and deceased players in. Figure out who belongs, put them in while they can enjoy it, and move on. 

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

Jeff Kent seems like the new McGriff to me. Alltime homer leader at 2B with an MVP. The voters are missing on him. It’s shameful they’re still in a position of putting elderly and deceased players in. Figure out who belongs, put them in while they can enjoy it, and move on. 

Not sure why, but Kent seems to have some steroids stench attached to him.

• 2 weeks later...

I think my ballot would look a lot like this. Definitely a Buehrle and Rollins guy based on the time they played, and I’m not against Hunter. Also wish Tim Hudson didn’t fall off last year.

As for Andruw Jones and Billy Wagner- I was never big on them, but hey, close enough. They’re getting in eventually, so hopefully sooner than later. Again, stop putting in 75+ yr olds and dead people. Figure it out sooner so the player and the fans they played for, can enjoy it!

On 1/4/2023 at 12:06 PM, Quin said:

Decent jump so far for Buehrle. I can see new age voters that value defense helping him out as the years go by.

I'm a believer that character and contributions to the sport should count, not just stats. I would much rather read about and hold up as examples of what makes baseball great, guys like Buehrle and Baines over guys who tarnished the sport. 

I also believe there should be an area discussing the steroid era and the guys who did amazing things while juiced. I also believe an all steroid league would out draw the non steroid league because 

• Like 1