Scratch That: Sox Interested in Wong...maybe...but Mariners Getting him

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Errors would be less concerning than range, but to your point they could easily be interrelated.  If we were to acquire him, our pro scouts better be certain he can at least be average there next year.

Wong led MLB in errors from 2b last year. It was a big surge in errors for him compared to the previous year, but it was a return to what he did early in his career. With him next to Anderson in the IF, and Vaughn’s lack of range (can’t say anything good or bad about him receiving throws yet), there would be a good chance of a super sloppy infield next year.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Errors would be less concerning than range, but to your point they could easily be interrelated.  If we were to acquire him, our pro scouts better be certain he can at least be average there next year.

And we know how good the Sox pro scouting is…

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Wong led MLB in errors from 2b last year. It was a big surge in errors for him compared to the previous year, but it was a return to what he did early in his career. With him next to Anderson in the IF, and Vaughn’s lack of range (can’t say anything good or bad about him receiving throws yet), there would be a good chance of a super sloppy infield next year.

For the low low price of $10M, the Sox could quite possibly have the worst INF defence to go along with the slowest corner OF’s in the game!  That Rick Han sure knows how to light stacks of money on fire in new and creative ways. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

If we make a trade, will Milwaukee pick up all $10M? And will they be requesting no top 30 prospects in return?

If so, then I’m interested. 

Wong doesn't have a ton of surplus value since $10 million is basically his market value. I'd imagine the Brewers would just want a lottery prospect back if they don't eat the money. Milwaukee is also looking to dump salary, so I don't see them picking up $10 million for prospects. 

I can see the Brewers wanting someone like Jake Burger to platoon with Rowdy Tellez.

Edited by chw42

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Wong doesn't have a ton of surplus value since $10 million is basically his market value. I'd imagine the Brewers would just want a lottery prospect back if they don't eat the money. Milwaukee is also looking to dump salary, so I don't see them picking up $10 million for prospects. 

Yeah I don't think they picked up the option hoping they would get some sort of a great return for him. I think they just didn't want to pay the buyout either.

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I can see the Brewers wanting someone like Jake Burger to platoon with Rowdy Tellez.

I think Burger to the Brewers makes a ton of sense.  With Renfoe traded and Taylor likely sliding to the OF there is also a massive hole at DH now.  I’d prefer a young pitcher like Gasser vs. Wong though.

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Not thrilled with a potential Wong addition with a limited payroll. Last thing I’d want to see if them giving up actual value to make the Brewers pay most of that contract.

you know that's what they'll do too, fucking bullshit

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

For the low low price of $10M, the Sox could quite possibly have the worst INF defence to go along with the slowest corner OF’s in the game!  That Rick Han sure knows how to light stacks of money on fire in new and creative ways. 

Sounds like a Ken and Rick special.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Scratch That: Sox Interested in Wong...maybe...but Mariners Getting him