Rumor: White Sox made offer for Max Kepler

Balta1701

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Kepler would be solid. Heā€™s a really good defender and a better stick than he showed last year. But why not just sign a comparable FA like Gallo instead and not give up an asset to the Twins.Ā 

Whats your love affair with Gallo? Haven't we had enough of the swing and miss guys? Ok yes can hit 30 but with a .160 avg?? No thanks.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Whats your love affair with Gallo? Haven't we had enough of the swing and miss guys? Ok yes can hit 30 but with a .160 avg?? No thanks.

The Sox had the 5th best batting average & 8th lowest team strikeout rate in baseball. There's room for someone with that profile in the lineup if they actually hit.

Edited by maxjusttyped

5 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Lol I donā€™t really have a ā€œlove affairā€ with Gallo. Id much prefer Nimmo or even Conforto or Bellinger on short term deals. But when you got a fast foot budget, you canā€™t expect surf and turf.Ā 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol I donā€™t really have a ā€œlove affairā€ with Gallo. Id much prefer Nimmo or even Conforto or Bellinger on short term deals. But when you got a fast foot budget, you canā€™t expect surf and turf.Ā 

I hear ya. I know Gallo is a good defender but the rest sheesh. Soxtalk would cringe

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

I hear ya. I know Gallo is a good defender but the rest sheesh. Soxtalk would cringe

Iā€™d prefer Gallo to Eloy and or Sheets playing the OF everyday and the other DHing. Heā€™s far from a perfect player but the NY effect is real and if Nimmo, Conforto or even Benintendi are out of the budget, you have to get creative.Ā 

The Twins arenā€™t just going to hand Kepler to the Sox so yeahā€¦.Iā€™d probably prefer Gallo at like 1/$8M to handing the Twins Ramos or Veras.Ā 

• Like 1

A Colas-Robert-Kepler outfield would be elite defensively if Luis is healthy. Ā My primary concerns with such a trade would be the bat and the cost to acquire. Ā On the latter, I canā€™t imagine the Twins would make such a deal comfortable for us. Ā And regarding the bat, the dude has been slightly below average every year outside of 2019 & 2020. Ā However, there may be more there as his GB rate skyrocketed last year and perhaps a change of scenery gets his launch angle back to more optimal levels. Ā And the shift rule change should help him more than most players given his hitting profile. Ā I wouldnā€™t hate acquiring him depending on the price, but definitely concerned it would be a bit painful.

• Like 2

Kepler makes a ton of sense with 2 cheaper years of control. Good D and left handed with some pop. I donā€™t think heā€™s the 2019 offensive guy as I believe Marwin Gonzalez had a few hitting ā€œtipsā€ for his new Twin team that year. But heā€™s still be strong none the less.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

A Colas-Robert-Kepler outfield would be elite defensively if Luis is healthy. Ā My primary concerns with such a trade would be the bat and the cost to acquire. Ā On the latter, I canā€™t imagine the Twins would make such a deal comfortable for us. Ā And regarding the bat, the dude has been slightly below average every year outside of 2019 & 2020. Ā However, there may be more there as his GB rate skyrocketed last year and perhaps a change of scenery gets his launch angle back to more optimal levels. Ā And the shift rule change should help him more than most players given his hitting profile. Ā I wouldnā€™t hate acquiring him depending on the price, but definitely concerned it would be a bit painful.

I didnā€™t look it up but I also feel like Kepler has raked at Sox Park.

15 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Trying to buy low. Had several good years vs RHP before last year. Defensive metrics still awesome...I assume you put him in RF and Colas in LF.

I wonder what it would cost?

If I were the Twins, I wouldnā€™t accept a prospect less than Bryan Ramos. Ā And for all I know theyā€™d prefer a major league player in return rather than obtaining more prospect currency.

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I will admit, I lost the plot a little bit with the concept of someone coming to the White Sox and increasing their launch angle as a consequence.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I will admit, I lost the plot a little bit with the concept of someone coming to the White Sox and increasing their launch angle as a consequence.

The only reason Iā€™m entertaining the thought Iā€™d because of Tosar. Ā If Frank ā€œf*** the HRā€ was still here Iā€™d be steadily against the notion of this trade.

56 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Gallo is not coming cheaper than Conforto or Bellinger.Ā  Those two will get 1 year deals to re-establish value.Ā  Ā Gallo is getting at least a 3 year deal form someone.Ā 

47 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Gallo is not coming cheaper than Conforto or Bellinger.Ā  Those two will get 1 year deals to re-establish value.Ā  Ā Gallo is getting at least a 3 year deal form someone.Ā 

Not sure I agree at all. I think Gallo is every bit as likely to take a pillow deal as those 2. He was awful last season.Ā