Rumor: White Sox made offer for Max Kepler

Balta1701

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Giolito's fWAR was 1.8 in '22...down from > 5 in '19. He's just a different pitcher since changing to his short arm delivery. I don't know why he changed (maybe he's convinced it will preserve his arm health?) but I don't see him returning to 2019 form. I believe there is a greater chance he continues to regress. I also believe there are teams willing to take a chance on him and, given his California roots, the Dodgers and or Padres might pony up. I'd sure rather test his market now than risk his value continues to decline.    

Short arm saved his career. He was dog s%*# before that. 2019 was short arm

• Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Short arm saved his career. He was dog s%*# before that. 2019 was short arm

Ah yes. Checked video and looks as though he changed his delivery in 2018. Seems more pronounced now. Was hoping Katz might have a fix but appears as though what we see is what we get. 

On 11/27/2022 at 4:25 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

Footlong has to be the second worse fake Twitter insider behind only Bartolo’s Colonscopy aka Orlando.

Also, very strange that Adam Maloney stopped posting here all that much once Footlong’s podcast started ramping up 🤔

LOL. He was always prime suspect #1 for the foodies. 

• Like 2

I think all of this means that the White Sox are pretty tight lipped on their offseason plans this year. No one knows anything, so everyone’s speculating and coming up with all of these wild ideas. Levine and others know nothing so they’re grasping at straws on the local talk shows to fill a Sox convo quota or something. 

While I continue to think this rumor is absolute BS, Kepler would be better all around option than any LH FA OF not named Nimmo. Conforto is close, but I’ll give Kepler the slight nod for the Sox as he’s a worlds better defender. 

So while I highly doubt this deal has any traction and that MN would hand Kepler over to the Sox, he does continue to make a ton of sense.