Mike Clevinger to Sox per Rosenthal

CWSpalehoseCWS

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sooooo like….what’s the hold up? This is very un White Sox like. Usually when things leak they happen quickly or don’t happen at all. 

If the rumor is legit, I’d expect it to be informally announced by Monday or Tuesday.  I agree with @Tnetennba that the holiday weekend may be slowing things down a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Sox don’t tend to let things drag out in the media (at least not when it is related to moves). Manager health…drag it out…but baseball moves I feel usually get resolved quick once it hits the news line so I am a little concerned someone jumps in on this. 

I like odds of Clevinget being better than Cueto next year. 

I think if the Sox targeted Clevinger because Katz likes something about him it could work out.

Cueto is a big loss. Just guessing here but I think he averaged the most innings per start among the Sox SP . His stats were good. I'd say Clevinger outperforming Cueto is a 33% chance.

But hoping the chances are better that Giolito , Kopech and Lynn outperform their 2022 selves. Cease maintaining the status quo would be good.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Heads22 changed the title to Mike Clevinger to Sox per Rosenthal
5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Let’s hope this is an addition to the rotation and not the precursor to a subtraction. 

I’m actually really optimistic about our rotation with Clevinger as the #5.  Still need another depth arm for Charlotte and/or swingman, but I think we’ve got as high of a ceiling rotation as anyone in baseball.  Will be disappointed if they move Lucas and replace him with another C tier free agent.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m actually really optimistic about our rotation with Clevinger as the #5.  Still need another depth arm for Charlotte and/or swingman, but I think we’ve got as high of a ceiling rotation as anyone in baseball.  Will be disappointed if they move Lucas and replace him with another C tier free agent.

Clevenger as 5th starter replacing  Cueto, I’m satisfied.  I just hope they don’t have crazy ideas of him replacing Gio or anyone else. 

• Like 1