Jose Abreu in Houston thread

Sleepy Harold

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

If I remember correctly, many of the South Side faithful gave Frank a standing ovation every at bat.....with less people standing after each home run 😁

I stood and cheered for each one. 

Doesn’t Jerry absolutely loath the Astros? I hope Jerry gets the shits the rest of this night because he’s so upset he signed with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

me thinks the timing of this = more or less abreu having this offer in hand w/ astros for a bit and waiting on the sox to make their final decision. 

not saying it was right or wrong decision to let abreu walk ... i see both sides. But ... clearly this team is going to be worse without him. 

8 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I stood and cheered for each one. 

Doesn’t Jerry absolutely loath the Astros? I hope Jerry gets the shits the rest of this night because he’s so upset he signed with them.

I wish the shits on no man...except maybe Jose Altuve....and Aroldis Chapman...and Josh Donaldson....oh never mind this list could get quite long.

41 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

No one seems to agree with me but something transpired between the Sox and Jose prior to spring training last year.  He was not even close to the same person in 2022.  

No clue what it was, but I'm guessing it was bad. 

One I don't think he was made welcome for a further extension. Two the rest of the core in his wing was foundering. Three the prospects for winning seemed to turn into losing. Four might have been the manager.  add:   Five would be climate.

Edited by pcq

41 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ehh. I think they were honest with him.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Jose simply was not a fit for this roster moving forward. 

Correct because this organization  is light years  from another trip to the World Series unless some well-heeled oligarch-sportsmen come in and relieve us of the 40 plus year Reign of Reinsdorf. 

Edited by GradMc

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

$20 million per year seems like a great deal for Jose, and not a bad deal for the Astros.  The last year might be rough, but they have the money.

There was no way the Sox were going to give him a deal like this.

Remember when people thought the Sox overpaid at 3 years $50M? Three years later and people now think 3 years $60M is a good deal for Houston lol

• Like 2

• Quin changed the title to Jose Abreu in Houston thread