The Jose Abreu Appreciation Thread

Quin

This thread is overdue. No bad vibes in the Abreu appreciation thread, only love for a franchise GOAT (20th in fWAR, if you want a quantifiable stat).

Here's hoping his Houston tenure boosts his shot at the Hall, even if that gives the Sox a tougher road.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Best non-prospect acquisition the Sox made since the WS. Fun to root for since day one. One of the increasingly rare players that made me feel proud as a fan beyond what he produced, and one the extremely rare players who I wanted the Sox to find a way to keep even if it wasn’t the smartest way to win on paper.

Hard to get that kind of reaction out of a numbers geek like me. Thanks for everything, Jose. Hope to see a statue in the park one day. 

Edited by Eminor3rd
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, Eminor3rd said:

Best non-prospect acquisition the Sox made since the WS. Fun to root for since day one. One of the increasingly rare players that made me feel proud as a fan beyond what he produced, and one the extremely rare players who I wanted the Sox to find a way to keep even if it wasn’t the smartest way to win on paper.

Hard to get that kind of reaction out of a numbers geek like me. Thanks for everything, Jose. Hope to see a statue in the park one day. 

All of this.  Spot on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Abreu was probably the best thing to happen to the Sox since Carlos Quentin’s near MVP season.  I am sad to see him go, and even more so today that he never got to win here.  He is a consummate pro and a likely Hall of Famer had he come to the States five or so years earlier.  Thank you for everything Jose.  MVPito will always be a White Sox great. 

• Thanks 1

• southsider2k5 changed the title to The honorary Ron883 thread, aka The Jose Abreu Appreciation Thread
  • southsider2k5 changed the title to The Jose Abreu Appreciation Thread

Thank you Jose. You are a model of consistency (including when you suck every April), class, and a personification of hustle and grit.

I hate you for giving me a reason to cheer for Houston, but I hope you get the ring that Jerry and friends couldn't deliver for you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...