JR statement on Jose...

Lip Man 1

“José Abreu deservedly belongs among the roster of White Sox franchise all-time greats,” Reinsdorf said. “His determination and commitment to the game each and every day made him the consummate professional, always leading by example. It was my fervent hope that José would never wear another uniform, as I told him many times throughout the years. Unfortunately, hope is not always translated into reality. While we ended up in different places in the business side of the game, José and I always shared the same love of baseball.

“I am grateful to José for his friendship, and the impact he made for the White Sox franchise both on the field and in the community. I want to thank him for always representing the values of the White Sox organization and the great city of Chicago — strength, hard work, pride and tenacity. His legacy is written in the White Sox record books forever.”

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

When has he ever done that?

Never, but he should. 

I don't want to hear a damn word about being a playoff team every year or competing for championships until the owner greenlights actually putting the team over the top. The last few years feel like 2000-2004 all over again. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Never, but he should. 

I don't want to hear a damn word about being a playoff team every year or competing for championships until the owner greenlights actually putting the team over the top. The last few years feel like 2000-2004 all over again. 

My interest level in this dysfunctional organization is currently at about 60%! I can take them or leave them. By opening day we'll see what they can do to earn my support. 

Dear JR,

Kindly and politely, Go f*** Yourself.  
Spare us the empty drivel.  You alone sir are the reason a franchise icon donned another uniform today.  This icon gave so much of his playing career to your sorry organization, and left because he wanted a chance to win.  Something you and your ways have made impossible to do under your watch.  Your hollow words are just another in a long line of hearty “f*** you’s” to your die hard, loyal, long suffering fans.  Please do us all a favor and cash out, sell controlling interest in our beloved White Sox, and ride off into the sunset of baseball obscurity.  Give us the gift of hope that we might someday finally reach the promised land again without your greedy tendrils impeding the pursuit of excellence.  

Please sir, go away, leave us be, and let us never hear you utter a single word about the Chicago White Sox again.  

Sincerely,

An embittered White Sox fan

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Dear JR,

Kindly and politely, Go f*** Yourself.  
Spare us the empty drivel.  You alone sir are the reason a franchise icon donned another uniform today.  This icon gave so much of his playing career to your sorry organization, and left because he wanted a chance to win.  Something you and your ways have made impossible to do under your watch.  Your hollow words are just another in a long line of hearty “f*** you’s” to your die hard, loyal, long suffering fans.  Please do us all a favor and cash out, sell controlling interest in our beloved White Sox, and ride off into the sunset of baseball obscurity.  Give us the gift of hope that we might someday finally reach the promised land again without your greedy tendrils impeding the pursuit of excellence.  

Please sir, go away, leave us be, and let us never hear you utter a single word about the Chicago White Sox again.  

Sincerely,

An embittered White Sox fan

Amen brother.