Winter Meetings Thread

Chicago White Sox

19 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Be nice if Sox could do it without giving up Colas. Personally I think guys like Ramos and Rodriguez are underrated prospects. What about something like Montgomery/Crochet/Rodriguez/Ramos. Think I would support any package of prospects for this, really

That would be way too much IMO

I'm always optimistic this time of the year.

Everyone is thinking the Sox are terrible, but what if they just had a really bad year?

It wouldn't be the first time an entire Sox team got cold together.  Why can't Moncada, Eloy, Robert, Anderson, and Grandad all bounce back and reach their potential?

It's Happening!

My cpu won't stop autocorrecting Grandal for Grandad 

LOL 

Edited by black jack
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, black jack said:

I'm always optimistic this time of the year.

Everyone is thinking the Sox are terrible, but what if they just had a really bad year?

It wouldn't be the first time an entire Sox team got cold together.  Why can't Moncada, Eloy, Robert, Anderson, and Grandad all bounce back and reach their potential?

It's Happening!

My cpu won't stop autocorrecting Grandal for Grandad 

LOL 

I don't quite share your optimism but I do lean closer to the "it was just a really bad year" mindset, perhaps with the exception of Grandal since he's old and has been hurt.

Not to say that everyone will reach their full potential, but I also wouldn't be surprised at all to see 2021 Moncada and Robert again. Even Buehrle and Konerko had a randomly awful year in their primes (Buehrle was probably just exhausted, but still)

• Like 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2022/12/04/mlb-winter-meetings-could-deliver-unparalleled-pandemonium/10827700002/

The free agent market should be on overdrive considering the trade market is almost non-existent, general managers and executives predict.

The prized trade chip is Oakland Athletics Gold Glove catcher Sean Murphy. The Arizona Diamondbacks have young outfielders Jake McCarthy, Alek Thomas and Daulton Varsho on the block. The Toronto Blue Jays are letting teams know they are willing to part with one of their three catchers — Danny Jansen, Alejandro Kirk and Gabriel Moreno. The Miami Marlins have starter Pablo Lopez available while the Yankees are shopping infielder Gleyber Torres. Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Bryan Reynolds might have requested a trade, but the Pirates continue to have a high price tag on him. The Milwaukee Brewers also were in the trade market before sending Gold Glove second baseman Kolten Wong to the Seattle Mariners for outfielder Jesse Winker and infielder Abraham Toro. 

While teams were hoping that the Brewers would strip payroll and trade 2021 Cy Young winner Corbin Burnes, starter Brandon Woodruff, or even shortstop Willy Adames, sorry, Brewers GM Matt Arnold is telling them they are off limits. At least for now. 

Edited by DirtySox

22 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

I’m not sure why the Dbacks would be shopping Thomas or Varsho, but either of those guys would fit the bill. 

Varsho would be a fun addition to this team. He wouldn’t come cheap tho. 

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The D'Backs are stacked with OF'ers.  I would think they would want to move Thomas before Varsho but maybe he's not drumming up much interest.  

I would love a Thomas acquisition. Any idea if we still have interest? Didn’t we have interest pre draft

1 hour ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

I’m not sure why the Dbacks would be shopping Thomas or Varsho, but either of those guys would fit the bill. 

I've read that the league has quickly soured on Thomas due to what some believe will be a long-term inability to consistently make solid contact