Winter Meetings Thread

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Nick Madrigal if he was left handed and actually stayed on the field. 

I looked at his defensive numbers at 2B, they're not bad. You can play him in the OF too. He's basically Adam Frazier if his one good half in 2021 wasn't a complete fluke. 

He’s a pretty bad 2B. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’s a pretty bad 2B. 

I know he's bad at 3B because his arm isn't very accurate. 

Looks like he was bad his rookie year but hasn't been nearly as bad since at 2B. It's not a huge sample though. I assumed he played 1B last year because Polanco was at 2B. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Twins are apparently shopping Arraez for pitching. Would you do a Giolito + prospect for Arraez swap? 

Sure, but unless that prospect were Montgomery, I don't see why the Twins would consider since Arraez still has 3 years left before FA

28 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Sure, but unless that prospect were Montgomery, I don't see why the Twins would consider since Arraez still has 3 years left before FA

Arraez may be a fun player to watch, but his ceiling isn't real high and he mostly plays 1B/2B. His surplus value is not that high despite 3 years of arbitration. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He seems to at least have a pretty good relationship with the Latin players.  I am sure there are plenty of others through the org as well.

Maybe it could involve Moncada? What’s something a majority of Sox fans get frustrated from that he would say makes “us” happy? Yoan being moved.

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Maybe it could involve Moncada? What’s something a majority of Sox fans get frustrated from that he would say makes “us” happy? Yoan being moved.

If the Sox salary dump Yoan, I think I would lose all faith in the direction of the Sox.  From a player profile standpoint, Sox need more guys like Moncada, not less.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

If the Sox salary dump Yoan, I think I would lose all faith in the direction of the Sox.  From a player profile standpoint, Sox need more guys like Moncada, not less.  

And I would say it’s the opposite for me. He’s getting paid way too much the next two seasons to be an issue on and off the field

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Some Sox newsbot on Twitter said the Sox have signed Seby Zavala to a 4 year contract...that would not put many people in the happy camp I would think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

And I would say it’s the opposite for me. He’s getting paid way too much the next two seasons to be an issue on and off the field

I think I'd be happy for a clean break as well. Either him or TA. But I realy did like the idea of getting a gleybar and having them compete for 3b and say loser goes to 2nd and knock yoan into more competitive state.

• Like 1